Create an account
Noun. A system of doctrines put forth by an authority, especially a Church, to be the absolute truth.
1. Noun. A person who believes nothing can be known about the existence of a god.
2. Adj. Relating to the belief that existence of a God is unknowable.
Noun. Art of judging human character by facial features; facial features when regarded as revealing character.
1. Noun. A severe mental disorder in which a person becomes unable to act or reason in a rational way, often with delusions and with withdrawal from relationships.
2. Noun. A situation of extreme conflict between choices, loyalties, or ways of life.
Tr.v. 1.(Legal) to call to court to answer charges.
2. To accuse; to charge with wrongdoing.
Tr.v. To provide a rational basis for something, often by false or self-serving reasoning.
1. Noun. A person, usually elderly, who is honored for wisdom and experience.
2. Adj. Wise; judicious
Adj. 1. Guided by one's sense of right and wrong.
2. Thorough; with careful attention.
Noun. A direct vote of all the people of a country or district on an important matter; a referandum.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together