5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- filtering, adding chemicals like fluoride & chlorine
- air pressure
- a Two ways the most communities treat water before it comes into your home.
- b the changing of a liquid into a gas
- c Rivers, streams, and lakes are surface ___ water.
- d These carry warm water toward the poles.
- e When air moves upward to areas of less ___ ___, clouds often form.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This forms when water vapor on a surface freezes without first becoming liquid water.
- the top level of groundwater in an aquifer
- This forms when a large piece of ice breaks off a glacier or ice sheet.
- Groundwater that flows into the ocean does not involve ___ vapor.
- About 7/10 of Earth's ___ water is frozen into ice.
5 True/False questions
salinity → A liter of cold water with high ____ is heavier than a liter of warm water with low ____.
reservoir → a lake formed behind a dam
precipitation → the changing of a liquid into a gas
salinity → frozen raindrops
sublimation → when ice turns into water vapor without first melting