5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- filtering, adding chemicals like fluoride & chlorine
- a About 7/10 of Earth's ___ water is frozen into ice.
- b Two ways the most communities treat water before it comes into your home.
- c The ocean will most likely have the greatest ___ in an area where the water evaporates quickly.
- d water leaving clouds as rain, snow, sleet, or hail
- e a lake formed behind a dam
5 Multiple choice questions
- Groundwater that flows into the ocean does not involve ___ vapor.
- How are evaporation & sublimation alike and different?
- the layer of rock and soil that groundwater flows through
- Rivers, streams, and lakes are surface ___ water.
- These carry warm water toward the poles.
5 True/False questions
ice crystals → This forms when a large piece of ice breaks off a glacier or ice sheet.
oceans → This forms when a large piece of ice breaks off a glacier or ice sheet.
evaporation → when ice turns into water vapor without first melting
air pressure → When air moves upward to areas of less ___ ___, clouds often form.
sublimation → the changing of a liquid into a gas