5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- water table
- a This forms when a large piece of ice breaks off a glacier or ice sheet.
- b the top level of groundwater in an aquifer
- c Rivers, streams, and lakes are surface ___ water.
- d the changing of a gas into a liquid
- e The ocean will most likely have the greatest ___ in an area where the water evaporates quickly.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The top level of groundwater in a(n) ___ is called water table.
- How are evaporation & sublimation alike and different?
- a measure of how salty water is
- When air moves upward to areas of less ___ ___, clouds often form.
- Two ways the most communities treat water before it comes into your home.
5 True/False questions
evaporation → water leaving clouds as rain, snow, sleet, or hail
sublimation → when ice turns into water vapor without first melting
condensation → Dew forms during this part of the water cycle.
ice crystals → These carry warm water toward the poles.
frost → This forms when water vapor on a surface freezes without first becoming liquid water.