5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Density-Independent limiting factor
- Sustainability/sustainable development
- Exponential growth
- a Removing more fish from the oceans than can be naturally produced; catching more fish than will be born
- b A mixture of chemicals that occurs as a grey-brown haze. Primarily caused by automobiles
- c limits population growth not based on population density; ex. natural disaster, seasonal changes, etc.
- d Using natural resources without running out of them, and providing for human needs without causing long term environmental harm.
- e Growth that increases over time. Found under perfect conditions only
5 Multiple choice questions
- A harmful material that can enter the biosphere through air, land, or water.; murcury
- Species that move into ecosystems that do not contain any of their normal population limiting factors
- study of human populations
- Anything that limits population growth
- Most number of individuals that an ecosystem can have
5 True/False questions
Nonrenewable resource → Resources can regenerate or replenish over time;ex. growing more trees after logging/using wind energy/cleaning and reusing drinking water
Emigration → population movement out of an area
Renewable resource → Any resource that cannot be replaced by natural processes; ex. Oil, coal, aluminum
Immigration → population movement out of an area
Biological magnification → a break in an ecosystem by natural or man made barriers.