5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Species diversity
- Density-Independent limiting factor
- a Number of different species in the biosphere
- b limits population growth not based on population density; ex. natural disaster, seasonal changes, etc.
- c Total diversity in the biosphere. The combination of ecosystem, species, and genetic diversity.
- d Loss of forests through natural or man made causes; logging forests
- e When good land is turned into a desert through farming, overgrazing, and/or drought
5 Multiple choice questions
- A harmful material that can enter the biosphere through air, land, or water.; murcury
- Plants and animals that fishing boats remove from the oceans, that are not intended for use/consumption; catching dolphins in your nets while fishing for tuna.
- a break in an ecosystem by natural or man made barriers.
- Lots of different habitats, communities, and ecological processes in the world.
- Growth that increases over time. Found under perfect conditions only
5 True/False questions
Limiting factor → population movement into an area
Density-dependent limiting factor → limits population growth based on population density;ex. disease, competition, predation
Renewable resource → Any resource that cannot be replaced by natural processes; ex. Oil, coal, aluminum
Conservation → A way of manageing natural resources to preserve habitats and wildlife.
Endangered species → Species with very low numbers that is at risk of dying out