5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Astrocytes capillaries form what in order to prevent the passage of bacteria/viruses?
- Causes relaxation of smooth muscle
- What happens when the action potential repolarizes?
- What are oligodendrocytes responsible in forming?
- What are the three functions of the nervous system?
- a Na+ gates close
K+ flows out of the cell
- b forming and maintaining the myelin sheath
- c blood-brain barrier
- d sensory, integrative, and motor
- e vasodilation
5 Multiple choice questions
- myelinated axons
- continuous conduction
- resting membrane potential
presence of ion channels
5 True/False questions
Explain the integrative function → convey info from somatic and special sense receptors
conduct impulses to skeletal muscle only
These neurons act as sensory receptors that detect touch, pressure, pain and temperature → unipolar neurons
A sequence of rapidly occurring events that decrease and reverse the membrane potential and then eventually restore it to its resting state → voltage-gated
Opens and closes in response to vibrations, touch, pressure, and tissue stretching → mechanically-gated channels
A type of neurotransmitter receptor that contains a neurotransmitter binding site and an ion channel → ionotropic receptor