5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Voltage-gated channels are found in which axons of neurons?
- Astrocytes capillaries form what in order to prevent the passage of bacteria/viruses?
- The production of graded potentials and action potentials depend on what two basic features?
- Conduction that occurs in myelinated axons
- A stimulus that is just strong enough to depolarize the membrane
- a ALL axons of neurons
- b saltatory conduction
- c threshold stimulus
- d resting membrane potential
presence of ion channels
- e blood-brain barrier
5 Multiple choice questions
- nodes of Ranvier
- neurotransmitters, hormones, and particular ions
- processes sensory input by integrating and using perception
- away from CNS to effectors in the PNS
5 True/False questions
Action potentials communicate over? → short distances
Electrical synapses are common in? → afferent
Sensory neurons are also known as? → efferent
The ability to respond to a stimulus and convert it into an action potential → electrical excitability
What are the three ways to remove a neurotransmitter? → small molecule neurotransmitters