5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are oligodendrocytes responsible in forming?
- Neurons have what three parts?
- A neurotransmitter that depolarizes the postsynaptic membrane is?
- Astrocytes capillaries form what in order to prevent the passage of bacteria/viruses?
- The ability to respond to a stimulus and convert it into an action potential
- a forming and maintaining the myelin sheath
- b excitatory: brings membrane closer to threshold
- c blood-brain barrier
- d electrical excitability
- e cell body, dendrites, and an axon
5 Multiple choice questions
- response to input/integration by activating effectors
- presynaptic neuron
- unipolar neurons
5 True/False questions
Which neuropeptide enhances perception of pain and is inhibited by endorphins and enkephalin? → multipolar neurons
Explain the two subdivisions of the nervous system. → brain, cranial nerves, spinal cord, and spinal nerves
Where do motor neurons convey their action potential? → efferent
The receiving/input portions of a neuron → dendrites
What is the function of neuroglia cells? → to support, nourish and protect neurons as well as maintain homeostasis of interstitial fluid