5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which small molecule neurotransmitter is formed on demand and acts immediately?
- What are the two types of neuroglia cells in the PNS?
- Motor neurons are also known as?
- An individual nerve fiber is surrounded by?
- Electrical synapses are common in?
- a endoneurium
- b Schwann cells and satellite cells
- c efferent
- d nitric oxide
- e visceral smooth muscle and cardiac muscle
5 Multiple choice questions
- leakage channels
- processes sensory input by integrating and using perception
- detect internal and external changes
- threshold stimulus
5 True/False questions
Opens and closes in response to vibrations, touch, pressure, and tissue stretching → ligand-gated channels
Propagates nerve impulses toward another neuron, muscle or gland → axon
The membrane's permeability to K+ is much higher than? → its permeability to Na+
What happens when the action potential repolarizes? → Na+ gates close
K+ flows out of the cell
A neurotransmitter that cause hyperpolarization of the postsynaptic membrane is? → inhibitory: membrane more negative, even farther from threshold than in its resting state