Terms in this set (8)
businesses will do better if they focus on meeting customers' needs rather than on selling products.
product category, population, substitute, mass production, scientifically
Why do companies become myopic?
1. Defined by ? and not by customer needs.
2 Believe that growth is assured by expanding and affluent ?
3. Belief that there is no competitive ?.
4. Too much faith in ? and declining costs per unit.
5. Product that is too ? based
falling behind, growing, adapt, customer base
What are the dangers of being myopic?
1. ? competitors
2. no longer ?as an industry
3. inability to ? to the growing market
4. losing a ?
Shadow of obsolescence
growth industries falling in the shadow of other companies.
growth, technical research,
What are the dangers of R&D? (especially electronics)
1. big danger to a firm's continued ?
2. happens when top managements wholly transfixed by the profit possibilities of ? that marketing gets shortchanged.
3. Concentration of engineers and scientists at top because of selective bias in favor of research and production
4. Want controllable variables, Invest too much in new products. - uncomfortable with things they can not control: markets
5. Think that superior product will sell itself
Masters of Technology, Masters of Markets
Technology focused on selling a product
Marketing focused ion delivering a product that meets consumers needs
overly responsive, job shops (customized), (costs too much) cost and price exceed willingness to pay
What companies discussed in case have become myopic?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Series 7 Top-Off Exam Preparation | Knopman Marks Guide
MGT 401- Exam 1
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Chapter 13 Supply Chain Logistic Networks
CHapter 10: Operations planning and Scheduling
Chapter 12: Supply Chain Design
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
CHapter 6 SCM
Lecture 1: Marketing Strategy
Marketing Strategy Lecture 2