5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a An essential nutrient required by the body in minute amount.
- b Any physical or psychological event or condition that produces physical and emotional reactions.
- c Protein-and-lipid substances in the blood that carry fats and cholesterol; classified according to size, density and chemical composition
- d A vegetarian who eats no animal products at all.
- e Brain secretions that have pain-inhibiting effects.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Stress resulting from a pleasant stressor.
- A pattern of stress responses consisting of three stages: alarm, resistance, and exhaustion. GAS
- Non digestible carbohydrates and lignin that are intact in plants.
- The physical and emotional reactions to a stressor.
- An eating disorder characterized by a refusal to maintain body weight at a minimally healthy level and an intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat; self starvation.
5 True/False questions
Daily Values → A deposit of fatty substances on the inner wall of the arteries.
Anemia → A deficiency in the oxygen-carrying material in the red blood cells.
Low-Density Lipoprotein → A lipoprotein containing a moderate amount of protein and a large amount of cholesterol; "bad" cholesterol. LDL
Whole Grain → The entire edible portion of a grain such as wheat, rice, or oats, including the germ, endosperm, and bran.
Glucose → A simple sugar that is the body's basic fuel.