5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Resting Metabolic Rate
- Trans Fat
- Stress Response
- a The physical and emotional reactions to a stressor.
- b An essential nutrient required by the body in relatively large amounts.
- c A type of unsaturated fatty acid produced during the process of hydrogenation; trans fats have an atypical shape that affects their chemical activity.
- d The energy required (in calories) to maintain vital body functions, including respiration, heart rate, body temperature, and blood pressure, while the body is at rest.
- e A vegetarian who includes milk and cheese products in the diet.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A condition resulting from the heart's inability to pump out all the blood that returns to it; blood backs up in the veins leading the heart, causing an accumulation of fluid in various parts of the body.
- Stress resulting from an unpleasant stressor.
- An essential nutrient; sugar, starches and dietary fiber are all carbohydrates.
- The science of food and how the body uses it in health and disease.
- A pattern of eating in which normal food consumption is interrupted by episodes of high consumption.
5 True/False questions
Hydrogenation → A process by which hydrogens are added to usat
Vegan → Vegetables such as peas and beans that are high in fiber and are also important sources of proteins.
Micronutrients → An essential nutrient required by the body in relatively large amounts.
Free Radical → A deficiency in the oxygen-carrying material in the red blood cells.
Endorphines → Brain secretions that have pain-inhibiting effects.