5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fight-or-Flight Reactions
- a A form of CDV in which the inner layers of artery walls are made thick and irregular by plaque deposits; arteries become narrowed, and blood supply is reduced.
- b A defense reaction that prepares a person for conflict or escape by triggering hormonal, cardiovascular, metabolic, and other changes.
- c An essential nutrient; a compound made of amino acids that contains carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen.
- d A neurotransmitter released by the sympathetic nervous system onto specific tissues to increase their function in the face of increased activity activity; when released by the brain, causes arousal.
- e The sum of behavioral, cognitive, and emotional tendencies.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Heart Disease caused by atherosclerosis in the arteries that supply blood to the heart muscle.
- A physiological state characterized by a feeling of warmth and quiet mental alertness.
- A simple sugar that is the body's basic fuel.
- The long term negative impact of the stress response on the body.
- A state of stability and consistency in a person's physiological functioning.
5 True/False questions
Congestive Heart Failure → A condition resulting from the heart's inability to pump out all the blood that returns to it; blood backs up in the veins leading the heart, causing an accumulation of fluid in various parts of the body.
Eustress → The collective physiological and emotional responses to any stimulus that disturbs an individual's homeostasis.
General Adaptation Syndrome → A pattern of stress responses consisting of three stages: alarm, resistance, and exhaustion. GAS
Platelets → A deposit of fatty substances on the inner wall of the arteries.
Stress Response → The physical and emotional reactions to a stressor.