5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Parasympathetic Division
- Total Fiber
- a A form of CDV in which the inner layers of artery walls are made thick and irregular by plaque deposits; arteries become narrowed, and blood supply is reduced.
- b A change in the normal pattern of the heart beat.
- c A division of the automatic nervous system that moderates the excitatory effect of the sympathetic division, slowing metabolism and restoring energy supplies.
- d Heart Disease caused by atherosclerosis in the arteries that supply blood to the heart muscle.
- e The total amount of dietary fiber and functional fiber in the diet.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A measure of energy content in food
- An animal starch stored in the liver and muscles.
- A mood disorder characterized by loss of interest, sadness, hopelessness, loss of appetite, disturbed sleep, and other physical symptoms.
- The process of breaking down foods in the gastrointestinal tract into compounds the body can absorb.
- A waxy substance found in the blood and cells and needed for synthesis of cell membranes; vitamin D, and hormones.
5 True/False questions
MyPyramid → A food-group that provides practical advice to ensure a balanced intake of the essential nutrients.
Stress Response → Stress resulting from a pleasant stressor.
Protein → An eating disorder characterized by a refusal to maintain body weight at a minimally healthy level and an intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat; self starvation.
Anemia → A deficiency in the oxygen-carrying material in the red blood cells.
Lacto-Vegetarian → A vegetarian who eats no meat, poultry, or fish, but does eat eggs and milk products.