5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a an act or instance, process, or manner of functioning or operating.
- b the hazard or chance of loss.
- c pecuniary gain resulting from the employment of capital in any transaction. Compare gross profit, net profit.
- d the act or process of organizing.
- e the act of producing; creation; manufacture.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.
- to hire or engage the services of (a person or persons); provide employment for; have or keep in one's service: This factory employs thousands of people.
- to furnish or provide (a person, establishment, place, etc.) with what is lacking or requisite: to supply someone clothing; to supply a community with electricity.
- a holder or owner of stock in a corporation.
- cost or charge: the expense of a good meal.
5 True/False questions
corporations → an act or instance, process, or manner of functioning or operating.
consume → to destroy or expend by use; use up.
innovations → something new or different introduced: numerous innovations in the high-school curriculum.
demand → a sum of money offered for the detection or capture of a criminal, the recovery of lost or stolen property, etc.
firms → not soft or yielding when pressed; comparatively solid, hard, stiff, or rigid: firm ground; firm texture.