5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Passive Solar Energy Systems
- Green House Effect
- Inanimate Power
- Proven Reserve
- a Substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access, and is socially acceptable to use.
- b Anticipated increase in Earth's temperature caused by carbon dioxide being trapped in the Earth's atmosphere.
- c Energy system that collects energy without the use of mechanical devices.
- d Power supplied by machines.
- e The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere, combine with other items, and return to Earth.
- Nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium.
- Sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced.
- Energy source formed from residue of plants and animals buried millions of years ago.
- Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
5 True/False questions
Acid Precipitation → Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to precipitation.
Biochemical Oxygen Demand → Oxygen needed to allow aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste.
Potential Reserve → Amount of energy in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist.
Fusion → The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy.
Air Pollution → Concentration of trace substances at a greater level than average air.