5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand
- Photovoltaic Cell
- Sustainable Development
- a Mechanism that collects solar rays to generate electricity.
- b Can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to keep up.
- c The separation, collection, and processing of unwanted material.
- d Oxygen needed to allow aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste.
- e Maintenance of a resource in it present condition, with little or no human interaction.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage everyday to reduce emissions, minimize fires, and discourage vermin.
- Substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access, and is socially acceptable to use.
- Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate.
- Resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- The number of species in a specific habitat.
5 True/False questions
Passive Solar Energy Systems → Energy system that collects energy without the use of mechanical devices.
Acid Precipitation → Sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere, combine with other items, and return to Earth.
Hydroelectric Power → Power supplied by people or animals.
Green House Effect → Resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
Biomass Fuel → Energy source that derives from plant material and animal waste.