5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Acid Deposition
- Proven Reserve
- a Sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced.
- b The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits.
- c Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate.
- d Sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere, combine with other items, and return to Earth.
- e Source of energy that is finite and capable of being exhausted.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
- Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to precipitation.
- Gas used as a propellant in aerosols, solvent, a refrigerant, etc.
- Amount of energy in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist.
- The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy.
5 True/False questions
Active Solar Energy Systems → Energy system that collects energy without the use of mechanical devices.
Nonferrous → Metals that are utilized in the production of iron and steel.
Sanitary Landfill → Power supplied by people or animals.
Photovoltaic Cell → Mechanism that collects solar rays to generate electricity.
Passive Solar Energy Systems → Energy that collects energy through the use of mechanical devices like photovotaic cells or flat-plate collectors