5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Radioactive Waste
- Biomass Fuel
- Inanimate Power
- Acid Deposition
- a Particles from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people and must therefore be safely stored for thousands of years.
- b Metals that are utilized in the production of iron and steel.
- c Power supplied by machines.
- d Sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere, combine with other items, and return to Earth.
- e Energy source that derives from plant material and animal waste.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Energy source formed from residue of plants and animals buried millions of years ago.
- Source of energy that is finite and capable of being exhausted.
- Nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium.
- Anticipated increase in Earth's temperature caused by carbon dioxide being trapped in the Earth's atmosphere.
- Energy system that collects energy without the use of mechanical devices.
5 True/False questions
Conservation → Maintenance of a resource in it present condition, with little or no human interaction.
Resource → Substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access, and is socially acceptable to use.
Hydroelectric Power → Power generated by moving water.
Fission → The joining two nuclei of two hydrogen atoms to form helium.
Nonferrous → Metals that are utilized in the production of iron and steel.