5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Proven Reserve
- Photovoltaic Cell
- Passive Solar Energy Systems
- Air Pollution
- a Mechanism that collects solar rays to generate electricity.
- b The number of species in a specific habitat.
- c Energy system that collects energy without the use of mechanical devices.
- d The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits.
- e Concentration of trace substances at a greater level than average air.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere, combine with other items, and return to Earth.
- Substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access, and is socially acceptable to use.
- Nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium.
- Atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from cars.
- Resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
5 True/False questions
Fusion → The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy.
Fossil Fuel → Energy source formed from residue of plants and animals buried millions of years ago.
Ozone → Source of energy that is finite and capable of being exhausted.
Inanimate Power → Power supplied by machines.
Active Solar Energy Systems → Energy that collects energy through the use of mechanical devices like photovotaic cells or flat-plate collectors