5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Potential Reserve
- Proven Reserve
- a The number of species in a specific habitat.
- b Source of energy that is finite and capable of being exhausted.
- c Amount of energy in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist.
- d Maintenance of a resource in it present condition, with little or no human interaction.
- e The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium.
- Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to precipitation.
- Gas used as a propellant in aerosols, solvent, a refrigerant, etc.
- Resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- Substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access, and is socially acceptable to use.
5 True/False questions
Fusion → The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy.
Photovoltaic Cell → Mechanism that collects solar rays to generate electricity.
Fossil Fuel → Energy source that derives from plant material and animal waste.
Inanimate Power → Power supplied by people or animals.
Fission → The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy.