"to suffocate" to cause to die or lose consciousness by impairing normal breathing, as by gas; choke; suffocate
an abundant, overflowing supply.
to cease, as from an action; stop or abstain
(of a man or boy) having traits considered feminine, as softness or delicacy.
characterized by excessive softness, delicacy, self-indulgence
the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.
vanishing; fading away;
architecture; any decorative band at the top or beneath of an interior wall, a piece of furniture
1. to write
2. to dictate.
plan of travel.
a right to retain possession of another's property pending discharge of a debt
2. the spleen
a brief expression of a general truth, principle, or rule of conduct
recurring subject, theme, idea,
a light saddle horse, esp ridden by women
1. an ancient Greek and Macedonian battle formation of hoplites presenting long spears from behind a wall of overlapping shields
2. any closely ranked unit or mass of people: the police formed a phalanx to protect the embassy
3. a number of people united for a common purpose
1. attractively or gracefully slim; slender
2. urbane or sophisticated
1. third in degree, order, etc
1. keen or incisive
2. vigorous and effectivey
3. distinctly defined
4. archaic , poetic or sharp
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.