5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Four Modernizations
- Yasir Arafat
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- a The Chinese economic reform program under Deng Xiaoping that emphasized agriculture, industry, science, and defense.
- b restructuring of Soviet government and economy in the 1980s
- c leader of the Palestinian Liberation Organization and his goal was the destruction of Israel
- d was the last Communist leader of the Soviet Union. He is known for his work to end Cold War tensions, and reform of the Soviet government & economy.
- e a radical Islamic group active in Palestine
5 Multiple choice questions
- Easing of tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1970's
- leader of Solidarity that helped Poland gain independence from the Soviet Union, later became president of Poland in 1990
- guerrillas who fought against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua
- The prime minister of India who led several reform movements and was assassinated in 1983.
- An independent trade union, which claimed 10 million members who pressed for political change in Poland
5 True/False questions
Deng Xiaoping → leader of Solidarity that helped Poland gain independence from the Soviet Union, later became president of Poland in 1990
Apartheid → policy of strict racial separation in South Africa; abolished in 1989
Tiananmen Square Massacre → leader of the Sandinistas in Nicaragua. He introduced Socialist reforms in Nicaragua
African National Congress → A political organization created in 1912 to oppose white domination in South Africa. The group protested through marches, boycotts, and strikes
Organization of Petroleum Exporting Nations → A group formed in 1964 that represents many Palestinian nationalist groups and is dedicated to the destruction of Israel