5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Indira Gandhi
- Desmond Tutu
- Pol Pot
- Islamic Fundamentalists
- a Leader of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, who killed over one million Cambodians throughout the 1970's
- b Muslims who strictly follow the teachings of the Koran and reject western ideas.
- c A group of reform-minded revolutionaries that included a large number of women and students who overthrew the Nicaraguan government in 1979
- d The prime minister of India who led several reform movements and was assassinated in 1983.
- e An Anglican Bishop who won the Nobel Peace Prize for his nonviolent opposition to apartheid in South Africa
5 Multiple choice questions
- A political organization created in 1912 to oppose white domination in South Africa. The group protested through marches, boycotts, and strikes
- A trade organization of Western European countries built on the idea of economic cooperation and use of the euro.
- not allied with any side in a conflict
- policy of openness instituted by Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in the 1980s
- policy of strict racial separation in South Africa; abolished in 1989
5 True/False questions
Hamas → guerrillas who fought against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua
Détente → Easing of tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1970's
Palestine Liberation Organization → A group formed in 1964 that represents many Palestinian nationalist groups and is dedicated to the destruction of Israel
Organization of Petroleum Exporting Nations → oil producing countries in the Middle East and other areas that maximize their profits through cooperation and by controlling the world's oil supply
Solidarity → Leader of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, who killed over one million Cambodians throughout the 1970's