5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Daniel Ortega
- Indira Gandhi
- Islamic Fundamentalists
- Yasir Arafat
- a A group of reform-minded revolutionaries that included a large number of women and students who overthrew the Nicaraguan government in 1979
- b leader of the Sandinistas in Nicaragua. He introduced Socialist reforms in Nicaragua
- c Muslims who strictly follow the teachings of the Koran and reject western ideas.
- d leader of the Palestinian Liberation Organization and his goal was the destruction of Israel
- e The prime minister of India who led several reform movements and was assassinated in 1983.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cambodian Communist guerillas that unleashed a reign of terror under Pol Pot
- was the last Communist leader of the Soviet Union. He is known for his work to end Cold War tensions, and reform of the Soviet government & economy.
- A political organization created in 1912 to oppose white domination in South Africa. The group protested through marches, boycotts, and strikes
- oil producing countries in the Middle East and other areas that maximize their profits through cooperation and by controlling the world's oil supply
- A group formed in 1964 that represents many Palestinian nationalist groups and is dedicated to the destruction of Israel
5 True/False questions
F.W. De Klerk → leader of Solidarity that helped Poland gain independence from the Soviet Union, later became president of Poland in 1990
Lech Walesa → a radical Islamic group active in Palestine
Pol Pot → Leader of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, who killed over one million Cambodians throughout the 1970's
Four Modernizations → A trade organization of Western European countries built on the idea of economic cooperation and use of the euro.
Tiananmen Square Massacre → In 1989, demonstrators peacefully assembled to push for greater democracy in China and were attacked by government troops and tanks