5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Palestine Liberation Organization
- Lech Walesa
- European Union
- a An independent trade union, which claimed 10 million members who pressed for political change in Poland
- b A trade organization of Western European countries built on the idea of economic cooperation and use of the euro.
- c guerrillas who fought against the Sandinistas in Nicaragua
- d leader of Solidarity that helped Poland gain independence from the Soviet Union, later became president of Poland in 1990
- e A group formed in 1964 that represents many Palestinian nationalist groups and is dedicated to the destruction of Israel
5 Multiple choice questions
- a radical Islamic group active in Palestine
- The prime minister of India who led several reform movements and was assassinated in 1983.
- policy of strict racial separation in South Africa; abolished in 1989
- Muslims who strictly follow the teachings of the Koran and reject western ideas.
- Easing of tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1970's
5 True/False questions
Organization of Petroleum Exporting Nations → A group formed in 1964 that represents many Palestinian nationalist groups and is dedicated to the destruction of Israel
Tiananmen Square Massacre → In 1989, demonstrators peacefully assembled to push for greater democracy in China and were attacked by government troops and tanks
Yasir Arafat → An independent trade union, which claimed 10 million members who pressed for political change in Poland
Daniel Ortega → leader of the Sandinistas in Nicaragua. He introduced Socialist reforms in Nicaragua
Sandinistas → a radical Islamic group active in Palestine