5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New testament
- a A.D. 11-67 Follower of Jesus who helped spread Christianity throughout the Roman world
- b The second part of the Christian Bible, containing descriptions of the life and teachings of Jesus and of his early followers
- c One of the 12 closest followers of Jesus, chosen by him to help him teach
- d 69-30 B.C. Ruler of Egyptian government in Alexandria who backed Caesar in the civil war he waged from 49 to 45 B.C.
- e a simple story that contains a message or truth
5 Multiple choice questions
- Region in southwestern Asia that became the ancient home of the jews; the ancient Roman name for Judea;
- The land in the eastern Mediterranean region populated by Jews at the time of the Roamn empire
- A.D. 245-313 Roman emperor who divided the empire intwo and oversaw the eastern part
- A branch of Christianity that developed in the western Roman Empire and that recognized the Pope as its supreme head
- mountain range on Italian Peninsula
5 True/False questions
bishop → Roman general who defeated Hannibal in the battle of Zama outside Carthage North Africa in 202 B.C.
consul → one of two elected officials of the Roman Republic who commanded the army and were supreme judges
Zama → Site in Northern Africa where Romans beat Carthaginian Army
Punic Wars → Series of conflicts between Rome and Carthage in 200B.C.
aqueduct → a high, arched structure built to carry water over long distances