5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- Morality Play
- a ...
- b a story telling comic incidents of ordinary life usually with blunt realism and earthy humor
- c a type of allegorical drama (fifteenth century) making a moral or religious point.
5 Multiple choice questions
- about an ethnic hero. lacks organization its plot is eposodic and undefined.
- In the early Middle Ages, non-church literature tended to be about figures such as Beowulf, Siegfried, and Roland. 476-1300 AD after the fall of the Roman Empire
- Boast about what they would do in battle - that psyched him up for the contest and guaranteed that he would not lose is nerve.
- a verse form consisting of 14 lines with a fixed rhyme scheme
5 True/False questions
Numerology → a long work of fiction
Decameron → ...
Roman Catholicism → a philosophy in which interests and values of human beings are of primary importance
Medieval romances → literary work by Boccaccio which was composed of 100 vulgar tales told by three men and seven women in a country retreat from the plague that ravaged Florence in 1348; both a stringing social commentary (sexual/economic misconduct) and a sympathetic look at human behavior
Mechanicals → ...