5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- High Middle Ages
- Heroic Age
- Roman Catholicism
- a ...
- b the period from 1000 to 1300 in which the church had a key role shaping the new world
- c Anglo-Saxon word for fate The idea that everyone has an appointed time and place to die. This is why they would go into battle with no regard to protecting themselves.
- d In the early Middle Ages, non-church literature tended to be about figures such as Beowulf, Siegfried, and Roland. 476-1300 AD after the fall of the Roman Empire
5 Multiple choice questions
- a type of allegorical drama (fifteenth century) making a moral or religious point.
- political system based on bonds of loyalty between lords and vassals
- Boast about what they would do in battle - that psyched him up for the contest and guaranteed that he would not lose is nerve.
5 True/False questions
Johannes Gutenberg (movable type) → ...
Essay → ...
Protestantism → ...
The Globe → Built by Shakespeare and investors. Could hold several thousand people. Poor stood on ground (1 penny) and wealthy sat in balconies- as much as 3 pennies, or on the stage. Theater- open air, no lighting, trapdoors/rigging. Only male actors. The theater closed at specific intervals due to plague and actually burned and was rebuilt but the Puritans closed it down later. The New Globe is very similar to original.
Renaissance → ...