5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Roy Eberhardt
- Dana Matherson
- ambitious/ determined/ pushy/ eager, caring/concerned, smart
- First Person Narrator
- Mullet Fingers
- a Who does Mullet Fingers escape with?
- b Perseveres through injury, refuses help, feeds owls
- c one of the characters tells the story using the pronoun, "I." We only know what this character thinks, feels, and observes.
- d What are Officer Delinko's top 3 key traits?
- e Who is the speaker in this quote,"I'm glad we got the chance to get to know each other a little better." ?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who said "I'm glad we got the chance to get to know each other a little better?"
- What is the setting of the novel Hoot?
- What are Beatrice's top key 4 traits?
- Who puts the gators in potties in the potties, deflates the tires, and pulls out stakes again?
- Which character is very passionate and independent?
5 True/False questions
Simile → a concrete object used to represent an abstract idea in a story
Carl Hiaasen → What is Dana's last name?
Roy's → He was gripped with curiosity as the running boy dashed through one neat green yard after another, getting smaller in ______ vision as he put a wider distance between himself and the school bus.
False → Is that this statement true or false, Mullet Fingers buried himself in an owl hole in a school playground?
Adapting/being flexible → tells Roy to mind his own business