Postmodern Critical Race Theory
Terms in this set (4)
1. Critical Race Theories...
- Agree that the concept of race is a social construction
2. French Post Modern Theory...
- Emphasis on difference/diversity; The things we classify as one type are in fact made up of differing people
Core of theory
Deconstruction of the Categories of Race...
1. Race is not natural it is a manmade social construction [Similar to Critical Paradigm]
2. Race is not a unified category, it is internally diverse
3. Race is not a legitimate way of categorizing human beings therefore it should not be socially meaningful
- Gilroy's term in which he argues that it is ironic that we have formulated this "science" of race that is illegitimate; We have created this bogus science of race
What is the goal?
**Want to deconstruct the category of race to emphasize the differences among races and racially based discrimination
- AKA "Deconstructing Race", "Against Race"
- Scientifically, the concept of race is bogus; Race is not scientifically legitimate
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
MCAT Behavioral Sciences | Kaplan Guide
Race vs. Ethnicity
Race Prelim, Social Construction
Sociology Race and Racism
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Social Constructionist Theories of Sexuality
Womens Standpoint Theory