Terms in this set (3)
1) LGBTQ Social Movements...
- Social movements centered around the politics of sexuality and discrimination of people based on their sexuality; Use all the letters because these groups are all distinct; These movements were to give people rights and a way to identify themselves
2) Post Modern Theory...
- The idea of emphasizing difference and the deconstruction of sexuality
3) Literary Theory...
- The term "queer theory" was used by literary theorists (Fuss and Sedgwick); Literary theorist coined the term in talking about the role of sexuality in literature
Core of Theory
Deconstruction of the Categories of Sexual Orientation...
1) Sexuality is not natural it is a manmade social construction [Similar to Critical Paradigm]
2) Sexuality is not a unified category, it is internally diverse
3) Sexuality should not be socially meaningful because the categories of sexuality are not legitimate
- If there is not set form of sexuality, no fixed category of sexuality, then sexuality is just a performance; You become something not because you are but because you perform that way sexually; You are how you behave; There are no types of people, there are behaviors
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
MCAT Behavioral Sciences | Kaplan Guide
HDFS 250 Quiz 1
Comm 330 Mid-Term Study Guide
Critical Media Studies Key Concepts (C8 & C9)
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Postmodern Critical Race Theory
Social Constructionist Theories of Sexuality
Womens Standpoint Theory