6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- representing or constituting an original type after which other similar things are patterned
Ex: Calypso represents womens fondness of nature
- when the reader knows something the character doesn't
Ex: when Eumaeus, Penelope and Telemachus don't know the Beggar is Odysseus when we do
- larger-than-life, super human, cunning, confident, clever, archetypal figure, known to dismiss warnings
- long journey, complicated
Ex: the odessey
- breaking down subject matter into specific topics and concepts it includes.
5 True/False questions
epic simile → exotic
ex: calypso's island
assonance → repetition of vowel sounds in words
"we felt the pressure on our hearts, in dread"
epithet → long narrative poem
innvocation → calling on a God or deity
epic → naming someone in a way that helps you memorize them, characterize a person/thing
Ex:"My quiet Penelope"