5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Feng Shui
- Sacred space
- Interfaith/intrafaith boundaries
- a literally means "wind water"; Chinese art and science of placement and orientation of tombs, dwellings, buildings, cities. Structures and objects are positioned in a way (often in line with the compass lines) to channel flows of energy in favorable ways. It is not an official religion.
- b is a religion that began in sixteenth century Northern India and locate primarily between India and Pakistan today. The principal belief in Sikhism is faith in Vāhigurū.
- c the boundaries between the world's major faiths, such as Christianity, Muslim, and Buddhism. / describes the boundaries within a major religion
- d place or space people infuse with religious meaning
- e a term used to describe religious, ideological, and cultural aspects of the various denominations of the Latter Day Saint movement. It is practiced around the world, but is concentrated in Utah.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Enclave is an area belonging to another country but surrounded by one other country / Exclave is a part of one country not attached to the rest of itself
- literal interpretation and strict adherence to a set of basic principles (usually religious; many can take these beliefs to an extreme and even violent level.
- Monotheism this is the belief in one god and polytheism is the belief in many gods. This affects HG because many religions spread throughout the world fall under these two categories.
- This is the belief that humans should be based on facts and not religious beliefs. This is important to HG because this has caused conflicts in a lot of different places including politics.
- a political unit governed by a deity (or by officials thought to be divinely guided)
5 True/False questions
RELIGION KEY TERMS → The rebirth a soul in a new body
Syncretic religion → separate religions that combine into a new religion; often borrow from the pat and the present.
Christianity → Developed by earlier Chinese man Confucius, it's a complex system of moral, social, political, and religious thought. This is important to HG because it has affected Chinese Civilizations tremendously.
Sh'aria law → This is the belief that humans should be based on facts and not religious beliefs. This is important to HG because this has caused conflicts in a lot of different places including politics.
Hinduism → It is said to be the way of god. It is the native religion of Japan and was once its state religion, combining elements of Buddhism and local religions (a syncretic religion). It involves the worship of kami (a god). It was very popular prior to WWII, but has lost much of its dominance and importance in Japanese culture.