5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Is a trait the same as an allele?
- Who is Gregor Mendel?
- How is sex determined?
- What does Tt stand for?
- a heterozygous or hybrid
- b -"Father of Genetics"
-born in 1822 in Austria
-high school teacher at monastery
-avid gardner, studied pea plants
- c yes
- d collection of all organisms genetic makeup.
- e the difference in the X and Y chromosome leads to a difference in the inheritance of traits located on the sex chromosome.
5 Multiple choice questions
- - he looked at different traits by cross-pollinating the pea flowers.
- never mind
- - he founded the principle of dominance that states one gene in a trait can prevent the other gene from being expressed.
- the fluid portion mainly water(clots blood) 55%
5 True/False questions
How many traits does a gamete carry? → the difference in the X and Y chromosome leads to a difference in the inheritance of traits located on the sex chromosome.
trait → characteristic that is inherited.
If a family has 100 girls what is the chance of them having another girl? → yes
sex-linked trait → characteristic that is inherited.
recessive allele → not expressed unless two copies are present in an organisms genotype.