5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- do sex linked traits show up more in males or females?why?
- what is codomance?
- what is considered all cells in blood?
- What is the probability of a coin landing tail (.5), for two coins to both land on tails
- a .5 times .5 = .25
- b both alleles expressed
- c red, white, and platelets.
carry oxygen 45%
- d heterozygous indivisual expresses both alleles.
- e males because they only have one chromosme to carry the recessive allele.
5 Multiple choice questions
- homozygous recessive and purebred recessive.
- not expressed unless two copies are present in an organisms genotype.
- type of organism whose ancestor are in a genetic uniform.
- the first offspring from cross of two varieties in the parental generation
- sex linked traits; only affects the male.
5 True/False questions
test cross → cross between an organism with an unknown genotype and organisms with a recessive phenotype.
What is the principle of segregation? → -the two genes for each trait separate when the gametes are formed.
hybrid → type of organism whose ancestor are in a genetic uniform.
pedigree → type of organism whose ancestor are in a genetic uniform.
What did Gregor Mendel experiment? → - he founded the principle of dominance that states one gene in a trait can prevent the other gene from being expressed.