5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- symbols used to create a pedigree.
2. shaded in square
4. shaded in circle
5. half shaded circle
6. straight line then branches to two kids
7.branches out to to two kids
8. diamod with x through it
- dominant allele
- Who is Gregor Mendel?
- What did Gregor Mendel experiment?
- How many traits does a gamete carry?
- a 1. male
2. affected male
4. affected woman
5. carrier female
7. identical twins
- b - he looked at different traits by cross-pollinating the pea flowers.
- c when two different alleles are present in an organisms genotype.
- d only carries one gene for each trait.
- e -"Father of Genetics"
-born in 1822 in Austria
-high school teacher at monastery
-avid gardner, studied pea plants
5 Multiple choice questions
- always a 50% chance for a girl or guy
- - he founded the principle of dominance that states one gene in a trait can prevent the other gene from being expressed.
- the difference in the X and Y chromosome leads to a difference in the inheritance of traits located on the sex chromosome.
- cross between an organism with an unknown genotype and organisms with a recessive phenotype.
- sex linked traits; only affects the male.
5 True/False questions
What is the probability of a coin landing tail (.5), for two coins to both land on tails → genes for different traits can segregate indefinitly during the formation of gametes.
What is the principle of domanince? → -one gene in a trait can prevent the other gene from being expressed
-gene expressed as dominant is upper case
-gene expressed lower case is recessive
What is the law of probability? → -trait that is determined by the combinded effect of one or more genes. ex. human skin, hair, height, and eye color.
what is codomance? → heterozygous indivisual expresses both alleles.
never mind → never mind