5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does Tt stand for?
- What does tt stand for?
- what is a karyotype?
- a a diagram that shows the occurrence of a genetic trait in several generations of a family
- b all are homologous
22 pairs of autosomes and 1 pair of sex chromosomes
- c homozygous recessive and purebred recessive.
- d heterozygous or hybrid
- e type of organism whose ancestor are in a genetic uniform.
5 Multiple choice questions
- only carries one gene for each trait.
- the difference in the X and Y chromosome leads to a difference in the inheritance of traits located on the sex chromosome.
- both alleles expressed
- cross between an organism with an unknown genotype and organisms with a recessive phenotype.
- characteristic that is inherited.
5 True/False questions
What did Gregor Mendel experiment? → - he looked at different traits by cross-pollinating the pea flowers.
recessive allele → not expressed unless two copies are present in an organisms genotype.
hybrid → organism that contains both dominant and recessive alleles.
symbols used to create a pedigree.
2. shaded in square
4. shaded in circle
5. half shaded circle
6. straight line then branches to two kids
7.branches out to to two kids
8. diamod with x through it → 1. male
2. affected male
4. affected woman
5. carrier female
7. identical twins
What is the law of probability? → -trait that is determined by the combinded effect of one or more genes. ex. human skin, hair, height, and eye color.