Upgrade to remove ads
Parker Tri2: Micro Quiz 1 review
Terms in this set (27)
A unicellular prokaryote that doesn't have membrane bound nucleaus and organelles, has DNA and RNA, rigid cell wall that is made up of peptidoglycan is...
A non-living infectious agent that is made up of
and either DNA or RNA and *non-beneficial is a...
A unicellular or multicellular eukaryote that has RNA and DNA, membrane bound nucleus and organelles, and also has
in cell wall is a...
Fungus or Fungi
A unicellular eukaryote that is classified by
mode of locomotion
, doesn't have a cell wall and is the only one of the Domain Eukarya that is only
A multicellular eukaryote that doesn't have a cell wall and considered as parasites is a...
The use of heat to kill pathogens and reduce the number of spoilage microorganisms in food and beverages?
Living good bacteria which gives health benefits?
The use of microbes to detoxify polluted environments?
The study of the occurrence, distribution, and spread of disease?
An organism or other agent that can multiply inside living cells
Obligatory Intracellular Parasite
The study of the body's defenses against pathogens is called _____?
Unicellular fungi is called ____?
Multicellular fungi is called ____?
A cell that contains a nucleus is called a/an ____ cell?
How did Louis Pasteur disprove Spontaneous Generation aka.
1.he boiled infusions to kill microbes present
2.the flasks were bent into an S shape
3. the flasks were left for a very long time
4. the flasks were fee of microbes until they were opened
5. when he tipped one of the flasks on it side then the infusion developed microbial growth
Joseph Lister is known for...
use of antiseptics after surgery
Edward Jenner is known for...
developing smallpox vaccination
Louis Pasteur is known for...
pasteurization, germ theory, fermentation
Alexander Fleming is known for...
Ignaz Semmelweis is known for...
use of hand washing to prevent spread of bacteria- Streptoccocci
What types of questions were asked by the Golden Age of Microbiology?
1. Is spontaneous generation of microbial life possible?
2. What causes fermentation?
3. What causes disease?
4. How can we prevent infections and diseases?
Research done during the Golden Age of Microbiology...
What type of research is done during the Modern Age of Microbiology?
Recombinant DNA technology
What types of questions are asked by researchers in the Modern Age of Microbiology?
1. How do we defend against disease?
2. What roles do microorganisms play in the environment?
3. What are the basic biochemical reactions of life?
4. How do genes work?
Classifications of organisms in the three domains is based on...?
Cell type/ type of cell
Important characteristics about algae...
1. They are photosynthetic
2. They provide most of the oxygen on the earth
3. They are a source of food for aquatic and marine animals
4. This group includes seaweed and kelp
Important characteristics about protozoas ...
1. They usually possess cilia or flagella
2. They are single-celled organisms
3.They are eukaryotic organisms
4. They are the only one of under the Eukarya domain that is unicellular
5. Most exhibit asexual reproduction
This set is often in folders with...
Micro Quiz 1
Physiology Exam 2 (All Quizlets Combined)
Gross I Ex 3
TRI 2: Gross Anatomy Exam 1
You might also like...
Chapter 18 possible questions RUSH
taxonomy & viruses
Science Viruses and Bacteria
chapter 19 homework answers
Other sets by this creator
I.G. & P.L.C. combo Case History
PLC Part4 Boards: Case History
PLC Part4 Boards: Radiographic signs
PLC Part4 Boards: Orthos [name, positives, qualify…