- 1 st PPI approved for PUD
- RX and OTC avail
- may take 2hrs to reach therap level
- effects last 72 hrs
- used short term (4-8wks)
- most sympt free aft 2 weeks
- most effective drug for ZE Synd
- oral only
Long term use of PPI's have shown an:
- increased risk for gastric cancer
- therapy usually limited to 2mos
Prilosec (omeprazole) used with warafin may cause:
increase risk of bleeding
Prilosec (omeprazole) interacts w:
certain drugs in increase the blood levels of certain drugs
Zegerid is a combo drug containing:
- omeprazole and
- sodium bicarbonate (antacid)
Zollinger-Ellison syndrome is:
hypersecretion of gastric acid
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.