5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- National Assembly
- War of the Firsst Coalition
- "Temple of Reason"
- Stormingg of the Tulerries
- Jacques Necker
- a the king's palace was stormed and the king was taken prisoner after fleeing to the Legislative Assembly
- b the Notre Dame Cathedral that was transfomed into an "enlightenment library"
- c French revolutioanry forces were soundly defeated by the Austrian military
- d Louis XVI's director of finances that tried to raise taxes but was dismissed
- e a French congress established by representatives of the Third Estate on June 17, 1789, to enact laws and reforms in the name of the French people
5 Multiple choice questions
- a major leader of the CPS alongside Robespierre
- one of the great defenders of European conservatism; supported the monarch; wrote "Refllections on the Revolution in France"
- ran a salon and wrote widely read books; deplored subordination of women to men
- an emergency governemt to deal with internal and external challenges to the revoultion; led by Robspeirre
- most influential writer in the 3rd estate; wrote "What is the Third Estate"
5 True/False questions
Law of Suspects → a planned economy to respond to food shortages and related economic problems
Great Fear → peasants attacked manor houses in an effort to destroy the legal records of their feudal obligationns
Madame de Pomadour → most famous mistress of Louis XV who influenced his political decisions
Thermidorian Reaction → name given to the reaction against the radicalism of the French Revolution. It is associated with the end of the Reign of Terror and reassertion of bourgeoisie power in the Directory.
Parlement of Paris → ruled that voting in the Estates General would follow the tradition of each Estate voting separately