5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Madame de Pomadour
- Thommas Paine
- a responded to Burke's arguement by defending Enlightenment principles; wrote "Rights of Man"
- b most famous mistress of Louis XV who influenced his political decisions
- c radical republicans made up of the urban class led by Danton and Robspierre
- d demanded that political and social power be congruent with their emerging economic power; middle class
- e radical working class leaders of Paris
5 Multiple choice questions
- name given to the reaction against the radicalism of the French Revolution. It is associated with the end of the Reign of Terror and reassertion of bourgeoisie power in the Directory.
- a group of Jacobins that became the left or advanced party of the revolution and led the country into waar; waanted republic through law
- consisted of merchants, middles class, artistans, unskilled workers, and the peasants that made up 95% of the population, owned 50% of the land and paid 100% of the taxes
- new paper currency of France
- alleged enemies of the revolution were brought before revolutionary tribunals that were created to hearr cases of treason
5 True/False questions
"Age of Rousseau" → second phase of the French Revolution-Republic, execution of Louis, Committee of Public Safety, Regin of Terror, Termidorian Rebellion, Directory
Edmund Burke → one of the great defenders of European conservatism; supported the monarch; wrote "Refllections on the Revolution in France"
Legislative Assembly → a new group of legislators that replaced the National Assembly in the new governemnt
September Massacres → led by the Paris Commune in which mobs slaughtered over a thousand priests, bourgeoise, and the aristocrats who opposed their programs
Louis XV → -nobility gained influence under his reign
-influenced by ministers and mistresses