Create an account
Questions such as 'how are you?', which allow the respondent to expand and go into more depth in the answer.
Questions such as 'are you ok?', which only allow the respondent to give a one word, usually yes/no answer.
Strengths of questionnaires
-bigger sample of people
- confidential- may give you more honest answers
Weaknesses of questionnaires
- can't see emotion through idiolect & body language
- people might lie for social desirability etc.
- might get the 'screw you' effect
- misleading info, not everyone will return it
Read out a questionnaire, following the same questions each time to compare the results
You know what you're going to talk about, but not sure how the conversation will go
Advantages of interviews
- Non verbal communication, more info on how they were feeling
- Better for sensitive topics
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together