Terms in this set (4)
What is the Anaconda Plan?
1. Capture Richmond
2. Naval blockade on the southern seaports
3. Gain control of the Mississippi River dividing the CSA in half.
4. Cut the eastern half of the CSA in half again.
What were the confederate strategies?
1. General Robert E. Lee
2. Moved the capital from Montgomery to Richmond.
3. Defend themselves until north grew tired of fighting.
4. Had the will to fight.
What was the battle of Fort Sumter?
Union Commander was Major Robert Anderson. The Confederate commander was brigadier general PGT Beauregard. The union held the fort Sumter and controlled Charleston Harbor. They were running out of supplies. The Confederate commander asked Anderson to surrender. They laid siege to the Fort and bombed it until Anderson surrendered. The Confederate Army one and took control of Fort Sumter.
What was the first battle of Bull Run?
The union commander was general Erwin McDowell. The Confederate commanders were General Joseph Johnston and Thomas J Jackson.
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR