5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- costal cartilage
- They contain cells, fibers, and ground substances.
- a What is the framework that makes up spongy bone?
- b What type of fracture would be least likely in a 93 year old?
- c What are mineral salts also known as?
- d Why are cartilage and bone tissues classified as connective tissue?
- e What type of cartilage connects the ribs to the breastbone?
5 Multiple choice questions
- In embryo development what week does formation of the bony skeleton begin?
- What is an example of a long bone?
- What are hydroxyapatities?
- What kind of bones are the cube-shaped bones of the wrist and ankle, and that form within tendons?
- What are small cavities in bone that contain osteocytes?
5 True/False questions
Epiphyseal plate (line) → What is the area in a long bone made of hyaline cartilage between the diaphysis and epiphysis where cartilage growth occurs followed by endochondral ossification that results in growth of bone length? (also known as the growth plate)
Articular Cartilage → What type of cartilage connects the ribs to the breastbone?
It increases absorption of calcium in the small intestine. → What is the function of Vitamin D in bone remodeling?
Sites of attachment for muscles, ligaments, and tendons, joint surfaces, and conduits for blood vessels and nerves → What do the bone markings serve as?
Axial → What division of the skeleton forms the bones of the skull, vertebral column and rib cage?