5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- mineral salts
- vertebrae and hip bones
- growth hormone from the anterior pituitary
- a What are two examples of irregular bones?
- b What mineral can osteoclasts take from the bones?
- c During infancy and childhood, what is the most important stimulus of epiphyseal plate activity?
- d What are hydroxyapatities?
- e What are hairlike canals that connect lacunae to each other and the central canal?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is the membrane on the outer surface of the diaphysis?
- What kind of bones are the cube-shaped bones of the wrist and ankle, and that form within tendons?
- What are the four criteria used to classify fractures.
- What is composed of medullary cavity that contains fat (yellow marrow surrounded by compact bone)?
- Ragged break occurs when excessive twisting forces are applied to a bone; common sports fracture
5 True/False questions
osteoblast → What is the cell responsible for secreting the matrix of the bone?
fibrocartilage → What type of cartilage forms the intervertebral discs?
articular cartilage → What type of cartilage is found at the ends of long bones?
Volkmann's Canals → What are hydroxyapatities?
patella → What are unmineralized bone matrix composed of proteoglycans, glycoproteins, and collagen?