5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- week 8
- 1. Hematoma formation
2. Fibrocartilaginous callus formation
3. Bony callus formation
4. Bone remodeling
- long bones
- a In embryo development what week does formation of the bony skeleton begin?
- b What is the membrane on the outer surface of the diaphysis?
- c What kind of bones are longer than they are wide?
- d What are the stages of bone repair?
- e What is a bone fracture the is perpendicular to the bones' axis?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Increasing weight-bearing activities can prevent the development of this bone disorder.
- What is an example of a short, sesamoid bone?
- What type of cartilage connects the ribs to the sternum?
- What is the process in which bones increase in width?
- What are unmineralized bone matrix composed of proteoglycans, glycoproteins, and collagen?
5 True/False questions
Paget's disease → What bone disease of unknown cause is characterized by the excessive breakdown of bone tissue, followed by abnormal bone formation?
They contain cells, fibers, and ground substances. → Why is cartilage and bone classified as connective tissue?
mineral salts → What are bone-forming cells that forms a bone matrix by secreting collagen, become enclosed in the matrix, and develop into osteocytes
compound → What is a bone fracture that penetrates the skin?
fibrocartilaginous callus → What is the first repair mass to splint the broken bone?