5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Irregular bones
- long bones
- a What kind of bones are longer than they are wide?
- b What is an example of a short, sesamoid bone?
- c What regenerates faster in the adult skeleton when broken, bone or cartilage?
- d What childhood disease caused by a deficiency of vitamin D and sunlight results in bone deformities associated with impaired metabolism of calcium and phosphorus?
- e What kind of bones are bones with complicated shapes?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What are hydroxyapatities?
- What are the four criteria used to classify fractures.
- What are the two layers of the periosteum?
- What type of fracture would be least likely in a 93 year old?
- What type of cartilage is found at the ends of long bones?
5 True/False questions
week 8 → In embryo development what week does formation of the bony skeleton begin?
humerus → What is an example of a long bone?
Intramembranous ossification → What is the process when bone forms by replacing hyaline cartilage (cartilage or endochondral bone)?
trabeculae → What is the framework that makes up spongy bone?
fibrocartilage → What type of cartilage forms the intervertebral discs?