English exam worldly wize
Terms in this set (48)
1) a recognition in the way things differ
2)special honor or regard
3)excellence of performance or ability
1)Intolerant attitude or behavior of such a person
1)To have a strong desire to get or do something; to seek
1) to feel express sorrow or regret.
2) to disapprove of strongly.
1)Wize in a clever or practical way
1)to make a first public experience
1)To trouble or annoy by attacking repeatedly
2)to cause to become worried or weary
1)to prevent or discourage someone from doing something
1)to start burning
2) to cause to become excited your stirred up.
1)To promote the growth of; to encourage.
2)giving or receiving care in a family that is not related by birth or adoption
1)To hold the attention of as though under a spell
1)To put up with; to bear
2)To go on for a long time; to last
1) to arouse or excite
2) The feeling of resentment caused by being annoyed, insulted, etc.
1) to inform our instruct; to give knowledge or treat to
1)to defeat utterly and completely.
2) to deeply affect the mind or emotions of
3) to upset; to turn over
1) Great strength or affect.
1) to choose for your office or position
2) to set or decide upon
1) The act of appointing being appointed
2) and arrangement or agreement to meet
1)Feeling or showing no fear; brave; courageous.
1)Requiring much effort; very difficult
1) a group of plants or animals that are similar in some ways
1) to settle a disagreement by having each side give up something
2) to expose to the possibility of criticism or shame
3) a settlement reached by each side giving up something
1)putting an end to doubt;convincing
1)To search for food or supplies
1) working against; serving to oppose
2) harmful, unfavorable
1)to have a strong and envious desire for, especially something belonging to another
1)To praise strongly or applaud loudly
2)strong praise or loud applause; approval
1)a person who goes before others and opens the way for them to follow
1) holy; having to do with religion
2)worthy of being given the greatest honor or respect
1)Faithful; true; strong
1)Great enjoyment; excitement
1)Great skill or ability
1) to make a firm promise to oneself
2) to solve
3)a fixed purpose or intention
1)A large number of people gathered together; a crowd
2) to gather or move in large numbers
1)A persons employment; occupation
1)Well-known; famous and much talked about over a long period of time
2) relating to a story (usually untrue) handed down from the past
1)To take part in.
1) ready and able to receive ideas or suggestions
1) to be aware of
2) to bring into being;to make happen
1)inexperienced; ready to accept without analyzing
2) simple in a childlike way;innocent
1) to become aware of through the senses. Especially sight
2) to take in through the mind
1) the state of being close or next to; nearness.
1) seeming to go on for a long time; boring
1) to poke or prod
2) to examine closely
3) a long, slender instrument used to examine a wound or part of the body
4) a thorough investigation
1) able to do something very well;skillful
1)Anything that cannot be done without or that is greatly needed
2)the condition of being needed
1)To keep on becoming less; to grow smaller in number or amount
1)A wize and loyal friend and advisor
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL
Honors 2nd Semester Vocabulary List for Finals 2016
6th Units 1-6
Semester 2 Vocabulary
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
last minute tttc people
apush review quiz #6
APES ch14 vocab
Cold War & 50s