5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Main Sequence
- Spiral Galaxy?
- a Earth and other planets revolve around the sun. (Copernicus)
- b The middle, stable stage in a star's life. It can last from a few billion years to 100 billion years. (Middle Age)
- c pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center
- d a new star that forms in Nebulae
- e patterns of stars
5 Multiple choice questions
- occurs when the star has used up all the energy and begins to cool further and condense
- Uses objective lens to gather light and focus it on a small area.
- a dead star
- Cassiopeia, Cephus, Ursa Major, and Draco
- Where the sky and the ground meet
5 True/False questions
Hertzsprung/Russell Diagram → a graph in which star's temperature is plotted against its absolute magnitude. (brightness)
geocentric → earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)
Super nova → Explosion of a HIGH MASS star caused by greater energy and temperatures.
Circumpolar Constellations? → Cassiopeia, Cephus, Ursa Major, and Draco
Red Giant or Super Red Giant → Explosion of a HIGH MASS star caused by greater energy and temperatures.