5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- About how many stars does the Milky Way contain?
- Examples of Circumpolar Constellations?
- light - Year?
- Spiral Galaxy?
- a Cassiopeia, Cephus, Ursa Major, and Draco
- b About 200 billion stars
- c pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center
- d light year is the distance light travels in one year. Distance not time.
- e earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)
5 Multiple choice questions
- The true brightness of a star if it were placed a standard distance away from Earth. The lower the number the brighter the star.
- a graph in which star's temperature is plotted against its absolute magnitude. (brightness)
- a new star that forms in Nebulae
- Explosion of a HIGH MASS star caused by greater energy and temperatures.
5 True/False questions
white dwarf → a dead star
Refracting Telescope? → Uses a mirror instead of an objective lens.
Black dwarf → occurs when the star has used up all the energy and begins to cool further and condense
Red Giant or Super Red Giant → Uses objective lens to gather light and focus it on a small area.
Parallax? → Parallax is the apparent change in position of an object when you look at it from diffenrent angles.