5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Absolute Magnatude?
- About how many stars does the Milky Way contain?
- Refracting Telescope?
- a Uses objective lens to gather light and focus it on a small area.
- b The true brightness of a star if it were placed a standard distance away from Earth. The lower the number the brighter the star.
- c Where the sky and the ground meet
- d About 200 billion stars
- e earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)
5 Multiple choice questions
- The middle, stable stage in a star's life. It can last from a few billion years to 100 billion years. (Middle Age)
- How bright a star appears from earth.
- Explosion of a HIGH MASS star caused by greater energy and temperatures.
- Uses a mirror instead of an objective lens.
5 True/False questions
Examples of Circumpolar Constellations? → Cassiopeia, Cephus, Ursa Major, and Draco
3 types of Galaxies? → 1. Spiral 2. Ellipitical 3. Irregular
Hertzsprung/Russell Diagram → a graph in which star's temperature is plotted against its absolute magnitude. (brightness)
Spiral Galaxy? → pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center
Parallax? → pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center