5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- About how many stars does the Milky Way contain?
- white dwarf
- light - Year?
- Black dwarf
- Spiral Galaxy?
- a light year is the distance light travels in one year. Distance not time.
- b occurs when the star has used up all the energy and begins to cool further and condense
- c About 200 billion stars
- d a dead star
- e pinwheel shaped, large cluster of stars at the center
5 Multiple choice questions
- It does NOT have a regular shape
- When constellations are visible all times of the year because they never go beneath the horizon.
- a graph in which star's temperature is plotted against its absolute magnitude. (brightness)
- Explosion of a HIGH MASS star caused by greater energy and temperatures.
5 True/False questions
geocentric → Earth and other planets revolve around the sun. (Copernicus)
Refracting Telescope? → Uses objective lens to gather light and focus it on a small area.
Ellipitical Galaxy? → looks like a flattened ball; little gas and dust between stars, contain old stars
Apparent Magnitude? → How bright a star appears from earth.
Heliocentric → earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)