5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Red Giant or Super Red Giant
- Super nova
- Black dwarf
- Refracting Telescope?
- a a dead star
- b Life cycle stages, After the main sequence, the star expands to 15- 30 times the sun's size.Red Giants are bright but cool!
- c patterns of stars
- d Explosion of a HIGH MASS star caused by greater energy and temperatures.
- e Uses objective lens to gather light and focus it on a small area.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Where the sky and the ground meet
- a new star that forms in Nebulae
- 1. Spiral 2. Ellipitical 3. Irregular
- It does NOT have a regular shape
- a graph in which star's temperature is plotted against its absolute magnitude. (brightness)
5 True/False questions
Ellipitical Galaxy? → looks like a flattened ball; little gas and dust between stars, contain old stars
About how many stars does the Milky Way contain? → About 200 billion stars
Heliocentric → earth is at the center of the revolving planets and stars. ( Ptolemy)
white dwarf → a dead star
Reflective Telescope? → Uses a mirror instead of an objective lens.