Create an account
organ system, organ, tissue, cell, organelle
5. Which of the following lists levels of human structure from the most complex to the simplest?
10. _______________ lines body cavities, covers the body surface, and forms the lining of many organs.
11. An epithelium with all cells tall and narrow and with every cell touching the basement membrane is called ________________
12. The four primary tissue types found in adult organs include all of the following except
Transitional; stratified squamous
14. __________________ epithelium found in the bladder resembles ______________ epithelium, but the apical cells are rounded, not flattened
15. _______________ epithelium provides a moist and slippery surface and is well suited to resist stress, as in the ________________.
dense regular and dense irregular connective tissues.
17. Fibroblasts and protein fibers are associated with both
tRNA, mRNA, and DNA
30. Anticodons, codons, and base triplets correspond to ________________, respectively.
36. A karyotype shows the __________________ chromosomes sorted and isolated from a cell in ________________.
41. _____________ consume ATP when transferring solutes from one side to the other side of the plasma membrane.
Filtration; hydrostatic pressure
42. _____________ is the process in which ____________ forces water and small solutes such as salts through narrow clefts between capillary cells.
surface tension; cohesiveness
45. When you jump off a high diving board into water, you notice great resistance of water. This resistance is called __________ and is caused by water's great ______.
47. The breakdown of glycogen (an energy-storage compound) is an example of a(n) ______ reaction.
decrease in reactant concentrations
48. Which one of the following would not increase the rate of a reaction?
50. A solution is a mixture composed of two or more substances that are physically blended but not chemically combined.
52. Anatomists over the world adhere to a lexicon of standard international terms, which stipulates both Latin names and accepted English equivalents.
53. The process of using numerous observations to develop general principles and predictions about a specific subject is called
55. Which of the following would contain the greatest amount of information that scientists consider to be true to the best of their knowledge?
56. ________________ established a code of ethics for physicians. He is considered the "father of medicine."
57. A new drug apparently increases short-term memory. Students were divided randomly into two groups at the beginning of the semester. One group was given the memory pill once a day for the semester, and the other group was given a same-looking pill, but it was just sugar. The sugar pill is termed a(n)
58. An _______________ is composed of two or more tissues types, whereas ____________ are microscopic structures in a cell.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together