5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A large bureaucracy existing in a slowly changing environment that produces standard products and is dominated by centralized management making is classified by Mintzberg as a ________ bureaucracy.
- According to Leavitt's model of organizational resistance, the four components that must be changed in an organization in order to successfully implement a new information system are
A) environment, organization, structure, tasks.
B) technology, people, culture, and structure.
C) organization, culture, management.
D) tasks, technology, people, and structure.
- The effect of the Internet has been to raise bargaining power over suppliers.
- An example of synergy in business is
A) Amazon's use of the Internet to sell books.
B) JP Morgan Chase's merger with Bank One Corporation, which provided JP Morgan with a network of retail branches in new regions.
C) Blockbuster combining traditional video rental with online video rental.
D) Wal-Mart's order entry and inventory management system to coordinate with suppliers.
- Business processes are collections of
A) informal practices and behaviors.
B) formalized and documented practices.
D) rights and privileges.
- a TRUE
- b D
- c C
- d B
- e A
5 Multiple choice questions
- Support activities
- Mass customization
5 True/False questions
The idea driving synergies is that when the output of some units can be used as inputs to other units, the relationship can lower cost and generate profits.
Answer → B
The ________ model is used to describe the interaction of external forces that affect an organization's strategy and ability to compete.
A) network economics
B) competitive forces
C) competitive advantage
D) demand control
Answer → B
A(n) ________ company uses networks to link people, assets, and ideas, enabling it to work with other companies to create products and services without being limited by traditional organizational boundaries or physical locations.
Answer → core competency
The four major types of competitive strategy are
A) low-cost leadership; substitute products and services; customers; and suppliers.
B) low-cost leadership; product differentiation; focus on market niche; and customer and supplier intimacy.
C) new market entrants; substitute products and services; customers; and suppliers.
D) low-cost leadership; new market entrants; product differentiation; and focus on market niche.
Answer → TRUE
The value chain model classifies all company activities as either primary or support.
Answer → D