5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Grandfather Clauses
- Australian Ballot
- Fifteenth Amendment
- Complete Activists
- Nineteenth Amendment
- a The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
- b a uniform ballot printed by the government distributed at the polls and able to be marked in secret.
- c exempted citizens from restrictions on voting they, or their ancestors, had voted in previous elections or served in the Confederate military
- d A person completely indoctrinated into popular causes
- e amendment to the constitution giving women the right to vote
5 Multiple choice questions
- Vote and get involved in helping in campaigns. Better educated than the average voter and have strong political ties to a party.
- Democratic primary in the south that was limited to white people; ruled unconstitutional in Smith v. Allwright
- Those that do little more than vote, politically speaking. Tend to not be well-educated and are substantially older than the average American.
- A legislator act passed in 1993 to allow voters to register by mail when they renew their drivers' license and provides for the placement of voter registration forms in motor vihicle, public assitance, and military recruitment offices.
- portion of the population that rarely votes, does not get involved in organizations, and probably does not even talk about politics very much
5 True/False questions
Voter Apathy → a tax of a fixed amount per person and payable as a requirement for the right to vote
Parochial Participants → Do not vote and stay out of elections and campaigns, but are willing to contact local officials about personal problems.
Voting Age Population → Those that do little more than vote, politically speaking. Tend to not be well-educated and are substantially older than the average American.
Poll Tax → a militant reformer
Activist → portion of the population that rarely votes, does not get involved in organizations, and probably does not even talk about politics very much