6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The science that studies how characteristics get passed from parent to offspring.
- The time interval between cellular reproduction when the cell carries on normal life functions.
- A sequence of three nucleotide bases on mRNA that refers to (attracts) a specific amino acid (tRNA anti-codon).
- Those "nonbiological" factors that are involved in a person's surroundings such as the nature of the people who raise them, the person's friends, and the person's behavioral choices.
- The first step in protein synthesis by which a DNA template is used to produce a single-stranded mRNA molecule that's a negative image of that DNA portion.
- The factors in a person's life that are determined by the quality of his or her relationship with God.
5 True/False questions
messenger RNA → mRNA.
The RNA that performs transcription (the first step in protein synthesis). It copies the coded message from DNA in the nucleus and carries the message into the cytoplasm.
genetic factors → The science that studies how characteristics get passed from parent to offspring.
transfer RNA → tRNA.
The type of RNA that transfers (carries) a particular amino acid to mRNA at the ribosome during protein synthesis.
chromosome → Complex network of DNA coiled around and supported by proteins, found in the nucleus of the cell.
nucleosomes → Complex network of DNA coiled around and supported by proteins, found in the nucleus of the cell.