6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Those "nonbiological" factors that are involved in a person's surroundings such as the nature of the people who raise them, the person's friends, and the person's behavioral choices.
- DNA wrapped around histones (spools) forms long DNA strands into "beads on a string".
- A section of DNA that codes for the production of a protein or a portion of a protein, thereby causing a trait.
The RNA that performs transcription (the first step in protein synthesis). It copies the coded message from DNA in the nucleus and carries the message into the cytoplasm.
- Complex network of DNA coiled around and supported by proteins, found in the nucleus of the cell.
- The region that joins two sister chromatids.
5 True/False questions
transcription → The second part of protein synthesis whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA directs the formation of a specific protein at a ribosome in the cytoplasm.
transfer RNA → The second part of protein synthesis whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA directs the formation of a specific protein at a ribosome in the cytoplasm.
interphase → The region that joins two sister chromatids.
translation → The first step in protein synthesis by which a DNA template is used to produce a single-stranded mRNA molecule that's a negative image of that DNA portion.
genetic factors → The general guideline of traits determined by a person's DNA.