5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- which type of water is best for preparing parenteral solutions?
- what are the four types of bases used to make ointment?
- Define: Polyols
Which type of product is likely to contain Polyols
- why is using distilled water to prepare injections WRONG and DANGEROUS?
- Sorbic Acid and glycerin is an important component of?
- a multiple OH groups in alcohols
sorbitol and glycerin
- b water for injection USP
- c Capsules
- d It contains pyrogens which are microbial compounds increase body temperature.
- e 1. water washable bases
2. Oleaginous/hydrocarbon/oil bases
5 Multiple choice questions
- Poly Ethylene Glycol (PEG)
- A concentrated alcohol solution of a vegetable drug of such strength that 1mL= one gram of the dry form of the drug
- equal amounts of oil, water, acacia
- It prevents surface evaporation
- wet gum= adding water to acacia
dry gum = adding oil to acacia
5 True/False questions
Lanolin is a (w/o or o/w) emulsion with ____% water. → water-oil emulsion with 25% water
which of the following types of water cannot be used to make parenteral & opthalmic solutions?
a) purified water
b) bacteristatic water → Ans: A do not use purified water for opthalmic solutions
How many components are required to make an emulsion and what are they? → they reduce the surface tension between the wate and oil and allow the two to mix.
what is reverse osmosis? → equal amounts of oil, water, acacia
what is the ratio for dry gum and wet gum? → they reduce the surface tension between the wate and oil and allow the two to mix.