5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sorbic Acid and glycerin is an important component of?
- which of the following types of water cannot be used to make parenteral & opthalmic solutions?
a) purified water
b) bacteristatic water
- Define: Polyols
Which type of product is likely to contain Polyols
- what is a fluid extract?
- which of the following types of water CANNOT be used for making injections?
a) sterile water for inhalation
b) bacteristatic water USP
c) water for injection USP
d) sterile water for irrigation USP
- a Ans: A do not use purified water for opthalmic solutions
- b A concentrated alcohol solution of a vegetable drug of such strength that 1mL= one gram of the dry form of the drug
- c multiple OH groups in alcohols
sorbitol and glycerin
- d Ans: A and C
Note that only water for injection and bacteristatic water may be used
- e Capsules
5 Multiple choice questions
- the near saturation of syrups prevent microbial growth thereby no parabens are needed as antimicrobials
- they reduce the surface tension between the wate and oil and allow the two to mix.
- Adding an insoluble substance to a powder while its wet is called levigation
- Opposite of osmosis using high pressure to move from region of high solvent concentration to region of low solvent concentration.
5 True/False questions
what is the nacent method? → equal amounts of oil, water, acacia
Lanolin is a (w/o or o/w) emulsion with ____% water. → they reduce the surface tension between the wate and oil and allow the two to mix.
why is using distilled water to prepare injections WRONG and DANGEROUS? → ...dunno
which type of water is best for preparing parenteral solutions? → they reduce the surface tension between the wate and oil and allow the two to mix.
What is a tincture? → Tincture is an alcoholic or hydroalcoholic solution of chemicals or soluble constituents of vegetable drugs.
Tinctures must be keep away from light and heat