5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Susanna Salter
- Child Labor Laws
- Carry A. Nation
- Upton Sinclair
- a Designed to protect children from unsafe working conditions
- b Worked for Prohibition in defense of the family, destroyed saloons with a hatchet
- c Associated with the Populist Party
- d First woman mayor
- e Was a "muckraker", wrote "The Jungle"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Wrote "What's the Matter WIth Kansas"
- First woman to run for Senate, was a Socalist
- Election Reform, direct election of senators
- Wanting change
- Developed "Little Blue Books"
5 True/False questions
Samuel Crumbine → A public health reformer who banned the public drinking cup.
Charles Sheldom → Turned sermons into "cliffhangers" to encourage visitors to return to his Topeka Church
suffrage → The civil right to vote
ratify → Found in Kansas because the state was once covered by the Permian Sea
Standard Oil → Controled all aspects of its oil production