5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William Allen White
- "Little Blue Books"
- Standard Oil
- 18th Amendment
- a Controled all aspects of its oil production
- b Wrote "What's the Matter WIth Kansas"
- c Made literature affordable to everyone
- d Established Prohibition in the United States
- e Associated with the Populist Party
5 Multiple choice questions
- Slogan used to inform the public that flies carried bacteria
- the most radical the reform movements, wanted EQUAL distribution of wealth to ALL CLASSES
- Was a "muckraker", wrote "The Jungle"
- Started at Ft. Riley, killed more people than World War I, spread when American soliders went overseas
- Election Reform, direct election of senators
5 True/False questions
"What's the Matter With Kansas" → Made literature affordable to everyone
Temperance → Abstaining from alcohol, religiously motivated, personal choice
ratify → Found in Kansas because the state was once covered by the Permian Sea
Charles Sheldom → Turned sermons into "cliffhangers" to encourage visitors to return to his Topeka Church
Emanuel and Marcet Haldeman-Julius → Claimed that Wall Street owned the country