5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William Shakespeare
- Frederick the Wise
- Johannes Kepler
- Anne Bolyn
- Martin Luther
- a German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
- b 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
- c English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
- d One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
- e Monk who argued against the sale of indulgences and disputed many of the practices of the Catholic Church in his 95 Theses.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Inventor of the Printing Press.
- Founder of the Church of England. Left the Catholic faith in order to divorce his wife. Had 6 wives during his lifetime.
- French Protestants.
- Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
- 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
5 True/False questions
Johann Tetzel → German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
Protestant → General term used to describe followers of Christian movements formed in protest against the Catholic Church.
Michelangelo → Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.
Pope Leo X → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
John Calvin → Monk who was commissioned by Pope Leo X to raise money for the Church and was sent throughout northern Germany to sell indulgences.