5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pope Leo X
- Johannes Gutenburg
- Rene Descartes
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Frederick the Wise
- a I think. Therefore I am.
- b Italian master. Sculptor, painter, architect, inventor. Painter of the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper
- c Inventor of the Printing Press.
- d One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
- e Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
5 Multiple choice questions
- General term used to describe followers of Christian movements formed in protest against the Catholic Church.
- English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
- 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
- Unorthodox Dutch painter famous for his work Garden of Earthly Delights.
- 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
5 True/False questions
Indulgence → Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.
Martin Luther → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
Galileo → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
Huguenots → French Protestants.
John Calvin → 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.