5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rene Descartes
- Diet of Worms
- Catherine of Aragon
- Nicolaus Copernicus
- King Henry VIII
- a Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.
- b Founder of the Church of England. Left the Catholic faith in order to divorce his wife. Had 6 wives during his lifetime.
- c I think. Therefore I am.
- d 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
- e Polish Astronomer. Theorized that the Sun and not the earth is at the middle of the solar system and that the earth was one of many planets that revolve around the sun.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Monk who argued against the sale of indulgences and disputed many of the practices of the Catholic Church in his 95 Theses.
- Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
- Italian sculptor, painter, architect. Famous for his statue David and painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
- French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion
- One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
5 True/False questions
Pope Leo X → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
Johannes Kepler → German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
Giotto → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
Indulgence → French Protestants.
Leonardo da Vinci → French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion