5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nicolaus Copernicus
- Frederick the Wise
- Johann Tetzel
- a One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
- b Monk who was commissioned by Pope Leo X to raise money for the Church and was sent throughout northern Germany to sell indulgences.
- c French Protestants.
- d Italian sculptor, painter, architect. Famous for his statue David and painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
- e Polish Astronomer. Theorized that the Sun and not the earth is at the middle of the solar system and that the earth was one of many planets that revolve around the sun.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
- Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
- Italian master. Sculptor, painter, architect, inventor. Painter of the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper
- I think. Therefore I am.
- Inventor of the Printing Press.
5 True/False questions
Giotto → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
John Calvin → French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion
Protestant → General term used to describe followers of Christian movements formed in protest against the Catholic Church.
King Henry VIII → French Protestants.
Indulgence → French Protestants.