5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hieronymus Bosch
- Diet of Worms
- Frederick the Wise
- a Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.
- b Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.
- c One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
- d Unorthodox Dutch painter famous for his work Garden of Earthly Delights.
- e Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
- Polish Astronomer. Theorized that the Sun and not the earth is at the middle of the solar system and that the earth was one of many planets that revolve around the sun.
- I think. Therefore I am.
- English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
- French Protestants.
5 True/False questions
Giotto → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
Johann Tetzel → German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
Protestant → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
Michelangelo → Italian sculptor, painter, architect. Famous for his statue David and painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
Anne Bolyn → French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion