5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pope Leo X
- Johannes Kepler
- Leonardo da Vinci
- William Shakespeare
- King Henry VIII
- a Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
- b German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
- c English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
- d Italian master. Sculptor, painter, architect, inventor. Painter of the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper
- e Founder of the Church of England. Left the Catholic faith in order to divorce his wife. Had 6 wives during his lifetime.
5 Multiple choice questions
- One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
- General term used to describe followers of Christian movements formed in protest against the Catholic Church.
- I think. Therefore I am.
- Monk who argued against the sale of indulgences and disputed many of the practices of the Catholic Church in his 95 Theses.
- Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
5 True/False questions
Hieronymus Bosch → Unorthodox Dutch painter famous for his work Garden of Earthly Delights.
Johannes Gutenburg → German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
Anne Bolyn → 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
Huguenots → First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
Indulgence → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.