5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nicolaus Copernicus
- Diet of Worms
- a Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.
- b Polish Astronomer. Theorized that the Sun and not the earth is at the middle of the solar system and that the earth was one of many planets that revolve around the sun.
- c French Protestants.
- d General term used to describe followers of Christian movements formed in protest against the Catholic Church.
- e Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Italian master. Sculptor, painter, architect, inventor. Painter of the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper
- One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
- 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
- 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
- French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion
5 True/False questions
Galileo → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
William Shakespeare → English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
Pope Leo X → Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
Giotto → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
Johannes Gutenburg → Inventor of the Printing Press.