5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Frederick the Wise
- William Shakespeare
- Diet of Worms
- a Italian sculptor, painter, architect. Famous for his statue David and painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
- b Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.
- c English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
- d Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.
- e One of the most powerful early defenders of Martin Luther, Lutheranism, and the Protestant Reformation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion
- Inventor of the Printing Press.
- Father of modern Physics. Formulated the 3 basic Laws of Gravity. Invented Calculus.
- First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
- 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
5 True/False questions
Hieronymus Bosch → Unorthodox Dutch painter famous for his work Garden of Earthly Delights.
Pope Leo X → Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
Leonardo da Vinci → Italian master. Sculptor, painter, architect, inventor. Painter of the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper
Johannes Kepler → German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
Nicolaus Copernicus → Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.