5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Johann Tetzel
- William Shakespeare
- King Henry VIII
- a Founder of the Church of England. Left the Catholic faith in order to divorce his wife. Had 6 wives during his lifetime.
- b Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.
- c English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
- d Monk who was commissioned by Pope Leo X to raise money for the Church and was sent throughout northern Germany to sell indulgences.
- e French Protestants.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.
- 1st wife of Henry VIII. Mother of Mary I. Henry's desire for a divorce from her precipitated England's break with Rome.
- German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
- French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion
5 True/False questions
Isaac Newton → Father of modern Physics. Formulated the 3 basic Laws of Gravity. Invented Calculus.
Leonardo da Vinci → French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion
Hieronymus Bosch → Unorthodox Dutch painter famous for his work Garden of Earthly Delights.
Rene Descartes → I think. Therefore I am.
Indulgence → French Protestants.