5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Johannes Gutenburg
- William Shakespeare
- Johannes Kepler
- a Inventor of the Printing Press.
- b Italian sculptor, painter, architect. Famous for his statue David and painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
- c First Italian Renaissance artist to make use of shading to give his subjects depth and realism.
- d German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
- e English Play write. Father of Modern Drama and Theater.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Father of modern Physics. Formulated the 3 basic Laws of Gravity. Invented Calculus.
- French humanist whose theological writings profoundly influenced religious thoughts of Europeans. Developed Calvinism at Geneva. Wrote Institutes of Christian Religion
- General term used to describe followers of Christian movements formed in protest against the Catholic Church.
- Trial at which Martin Luther is excommunicated after he refuses to recant his 95 Theses.
- Certificate sold as forgiveness from sin.
5 True/False questions
Pope Leo X → Pope who order the sale of indulgences to fund the renovation of St. Peter's Basilica.
Johann Tetzel → German Astronomer. Built on the earlier work of Copernicus and Galileo. First to explain planetary motion and how tides were affected by the moon.
Anne Bolyn → 2nd wife of King Henry VIII.
Leonardo da Vinci → Italian master. Sculptor, painter, architect, inventor. Painter of the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper
Martin Luther → Italian astronomer. Developed the Telescope.