5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Neo-Babylonian Exile
- Lingua Franca
- a A challenge of historians; Two versions, Intentional: propaganda, lying, and Unintentional: Observer _____, prejudice, oral transmission. Is an altered way of looking at history.
- b When a village would dig channels from the river to the planting fields in such a way that when the river flooded each year, the channels filled with water, giving the plants water.
- c The "main" language. The language most popularly used, and the one most likely learned as a second language. The modern lingua franca is english.
- d The Phoenicians built these out of cedar to enable large amounts of trading over seas.
- e When the Neo-Babylonians came to power, they did this to the Hebrews, destroying Jerusalem in the process. This united the Hebrews however, and caused them to stop worshiping Asherah and finish the Bible.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The advancement of civic planning is as follows: 1. Irrigation\Granary: These two need to be worked on by the town as a whole to ensure a supply of food. 2. Walls\Central building: These structures must be built for basic defense. 3. Urban Planning: A water system, roads, a market, and better homes are built to help the city. 4. Monumental Construction: Large buildings to commemorate things are built, and unify the city.
- An idea stating that the simpler of two competing ideas is to be favored.
- A wetter, warmer period of time between ice ages.
- The fertile area encompassing Mesopotamia and the Levant.
- List the 8 historical themes.
5 True/False questions
Uruk → The City of Gilgamesh.
Slash and Burn Agriculture → A way of farming that involved burning the unusable parts of plants, resulting in excellent soil for the next harvest, but causing that soil to be unusable for any further planting.
Neo-Babylonians → Conquered Akkads. Were first the Amorites, but when they took over, they named their capital Babylon, and were known as such. They were led by Hammurabi, who made the famous code of laws.
Paranthropus Boisiei → Evolved from Australopithecus. Was an herbivore that ate roots and lived rather well for its time period, however it died out because a climate change occurred, and it was not adaptable enough.
Imagination → Over the years, humans developed a sense of __________ this allowed them to be more creative and helped Homo Sapiens survive Homo Neanderthalensis.