5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Historical Forces
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- a A city that had its own form of government, was later usually under an empire. It was led by a religious leader called a Patesi. Was self-sustaining and had its own land.
- b A collection of scrolls that together (if all were found) would form the Bible. These scrolls, however, are dated to 300 years after the Neo-Babylonian exile, leading some to believe that the entire bible wasn't written as the events occurred and that it was simply fiction. The silver scrolls disprove this, however.
- c A myth that involves a hero and his journey to become a better person, usually teaches a lesson.
- d The idea that large movements become unstoppable even if their leaders die. Ex: Civil Rights Movement, Christianity (Jesus), etc.
- e A cave where many artifacts were found, the main reason for our knowledge about ancient cultures.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The unorganized religion that revolved around beliefs in spirits and such. It was mediated by the shaman.
- Evolved from Homo Heidelbergensis. Out-hunted Neanderthals, causing them to die out. Was almost extinct because of harsh climate.
- A small period of time where there were ice-age like climates, however not as drastic. Marked end of period of ice ages.
- The river in Mesopotamia that was more to the North. Sought after for fertility.
- The first human ancestor. Was first bipedal animal. Evolved into Paranthropus Boisiei and Homo Habilis
5 True/False questions
Primary Source → A document or object that was written during the time period.
Pottery Dating → A common way of dating using pottery and relative dating. This is a common way of dating because pottery is always found with civilization, and is easy to find, as it rises to the top of the ground. It is dating by looking at the pottery style and relating it with pottery of similar style and a definite date.
Neolithic Revolution → Era of hunting and gathering. There was a lot of food most of the time, but it was unstable. An intermediate stage between the Paleolithic and Neolithic.
Magdaleans → After Gravettians. Lived in an ice age, and became Natufians when it receded. Had bone spears and harpoons. Advanced culture. Made sculptures and figurines. Advanced art.
Great Leaps Theory → A theory that humankind evolved and progressed with great leaps. Examples include the finding of fire and tools.