5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chisholm Trail
- SCOTT JOPLIN
- HENRY GEORGE
- Ghost Dance
- a income from capital investment paid in a series of regular payments
- b He wrote Progress and Poverty in 1879, which made him famous as an opponent of the evils of modern capitalism.
- c United States composer who was the first creator of ragtime to write down his compositions (1868-1917)
- d a wagon trail founded in the late 1860s to haul goods from wagons between Texas and the Kansas Pacific Railroad. by 1872, more than 1 million cattle had walked the road
- e a religious dance of native Americans looking for communication with the dead
5 Multiple choice questions
- people who believed coining silver in unlimited quantities would solve the nations economic crisis
- 1st black to earn Ph.D. from Harvard, encouraged blacks to resist systems of segregation and discrimination, helped create NAACP in 1910
- A giant trek in which cowboys herded longhorn cattle from Texas towards northern railroads in order to be traded
- self-appointed lawenforcers; volunuteers allowed to track down wrongdoers
- United States industrialist and philanthropist who endowed education and public libraries and research trusts (1835-1919)
5 True/False questions
William McKinley → 25th president responsible for Spanish-American War, Philippine-American War, and the Annexation of Hawaii, imperialism. Is assassinated by an anarchist
Alexander Graham Bell → American financier of the Central Pacific Railroad (built 1863-1869) and founder of Stanford University (1885).
Charles W. Macune → driving force of the Gr. Northern Railway , Became a Shipping Agent For Winnipeg Merchants Nicknamed the "Empire Builder"
JANE ADDAMS → An act that removed Indian land from tribal possesion, redivided it, and distributed it among individual Indian families. Designed to break tribal mentalities and promote individualism.
grandfather clause → a mostly flat and grassy region of western north america