5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mass Transit
- land grants
- graduated income tax
- a the business given to a commercial establishment by its customers
- b land subsidies granted to railroad companies to encourage construction of rail lines to the West
- c people with no permanent home; move from place to place in search of food,
- d Transportation system designed to move large numbers of people along fixed routes
- e tax on earnings that charges different rates for different income levels
5 Multiple choice questions
- (GC), considered the "Father" of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry (more commonly known as "The Grange"). a fraternal organization for American farmers that encouraged farm families to band together for their common economic and political good.
- United States writer of romantic novels about the unjust treatment of Native Americans (1830-1885)
- He wrote Progress and Poverty in 1879, which made him famous as an opponent of the evils of modern capitalism.
- an island in New York Bay that was formerly the principal immigration station for the United States
- Strike where railway workers had 10% of their wages cut, in the midst of a depression, and refused to work. President Rutherford B. Hayes sent in federal troops and forced employees to begin working again.
5 True/False questions
Fetterman's Massacre → Sociologist who attacked social Darwinism in his book, Dynamic Sociology.
SETTLEMENT HOUSE → Institution located in a poor neighborhood that provided numerous community services such as medical care, child care, libraries, and classes in English
George A. Custer → u.s general commanded his army at battle of little big horn. he was killed
Roscoe Conkling → Irish immigrant who rose to become one of New York's most powerful party bosses
BLACK AND TANS → a political organization within the Democratic Party in New York city (late 1800's and early 1900's) seeking political control by corruption and bossism