5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dakota Sioux uprising
- W.E.B. DUBOIS
- Eugene V. Debs
- Working Class
- a a social class comprising those who do manual labor or work for wages
- b Leader of the American Railway Union, he voted to aid workers in the Pullman strike. He was jailed for six months for disobeying a court order after the strike was over.
- c 1st black to earn Ph.D. from Harvard, encouraged blacks to resist systems of segregation and discrimination, helped create NAACP in 1910
- d A group of renegade Republicans who supported 1884 Democratic presidential nominee Grover Cleveland instead of their party's nominee, James G. Blaine.
- e reservation that got a yearly payment and got tricked by american traders
5 Multiple choice questions
- the political doctrine that supports the rights and powers of the common people in their struggle with the privileged elite
- Leader of the Democratic Tammany Hall, New York political machine
- assumed leadership of alliance movement; merged several groups into Southern Alliance
- Scandalous company created by Union Pacific Railroad insiders, it distributed shares of its stock to Congressmen to avoid detection
- The total value of goods and services, including income received from abroad, produced by the residents of a country within a specific time period, usually one year.
5 True/False questions
SETTLEMENT HOUSE → individuals who start new businesses, introduce new products, and improve management techniques
entrepreneurs → individuals who start new businesses, introduce new products, and improve management techniques
Atlanta Compromise → the founder of Hull House, which provided English lessons for immigrants, daycares, and child care classes
horizontal integration → absorption into a single firm of several firms involved in the same level of production and sharing resources at that level
Chief Joseph → Leader of Nez Perce. Fled with his tribe to Canada instead of reservations. However, US troops came and fought and brought them back down to reservations