5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Last Supper
- Senses of Scripture
- a the Passover meal Christ and his Apostles celebrated before his arrest. Christ instituted the Sacraments of the Eucharist and Holy Orders at this.
- b The swelling of Satan and the other fallen angels, By their own choice, those in hell suffer eternal separation from God and the company of the blessed
- c there are two basic senses in which this should be read, the literal and the spiritual. The spiritual has three senses: the allegorical or typical, the moral or topological, and the the anagogical.
- d from the greek for "ten words"; the ten commandments given by God through Moses
- e the form of the body, this is an individual spiritual substance created directly by God in his image and likeliness
5 Multiple choice questions
- 50 days over Passover, the Apostles, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and other disciples were gathered in the Upper room during the Jewish Feast of Pentecost, which celebrates the giving of the Law to Moses on Mt. Sinai.
- An efficacious sign of grace instituted by Christ and entrusted to the Church by which divine life is dispensed through the work of the Holy Spirit. There are seven
- from the Greek for "tracing of descent"; the study of ancestry or a list of someone's ancestors. Sts. Matthew and Luke contain gerontologist of Christ in their Gospels
- Those chosen by God from the beginning to participate in his plan of salvation and to enjoy his eternal friendship in Heaven.
- adam and eve's abuse of their human freedom by disobeying God's command. as a consequence, they lost the grace of original holiness and justice and became. subject to death; sin became universally present in the world. every human person except Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary has been born with the stain of Original Sin. the sin separates mankind from God, darkens the intellect, weakens the will, and introduced into human nature an inclination toward sin
5 True/False questions
jacob → the younger of isaac and rebekah's twin sons, he tricked his brother into giving him his inheritance and his father into giving him the firstborn's blessing, thus becoming his heir
Gabriel → the wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac
image → a representation such as a statue or picture. each human person is made in the image of God; that is, human beings are like God insofar as having intelligence, free will, and the capacity to love
salvation history → the story of God's plan to save man from the consequences of sin. this plan began with creation, is unfolding now, and will continue until the end of time at the Second Coming.
YHWH → the tetragrammaton, or four letters, of the divine name in Hebrew; the personal name of the God of Israel revealed to Moses on Mt. Sinai, meaning "I AM WHO AM". This is rendered Lord in most English translations of the Bible.