5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- original sin
- Kingdom of God
- a Based on union with Jesus Christ by the work of the Holy Spirit.
- b the mother of Jesus. The Blessed Virgin's greatest privilege is her divine Motherhood and, hence, her title Bearer of God, or Mother of God.
- c Greek for "emptying", it refers to Christ having emptied himself by becoming man and taking on human nature
- d adam and eve's abuse of their human freedom by disobeying God's command. as a consequence, they lost the grace of original holiness and justice and became. subject to death; sin became universally present in the world. every human person except Christ and the Blessed Virgin Mary has been born with the stain of Original Sin. the sin separates mankind from God, darkens the intellect, weakens the will, and introduced into human nature an inclination toward sin
- e the form of the body, this is an individual spiritual substance created directly by God in his image and likeliness
5 Multiple choice questions
- the prophetess who recognized Jesus as the Messiah when he was presented in the Temple. Anna or Ann is also the name of the mother of the Blesses Virgin Mary.
- as an infant he was adopted by pharaohs daughter and raised in pharaoh's court. he fled Egypt after killing an egyptian taskmaster, only to return as God's chose agent to liberate the Hebrews from slavery and give the Chosen People God's Law
- The pious practice of meditating upon Christ's Passion, Death, and Resurrection. This maybe done either by walking the Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem or passing from one image to the next depicting Christ's sufferings in a church
- The wise men described in Matthew 2. They came from the East to adore the newborn King of the Jews and brought him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh
- a form of execution in which the prisoner is nailed or otherwise affixed to a cross and left to die of asphyxation
5 True/False questions
Ascension → Forty days after his Resurrection, the entry of Christ's humanity into divine glory
Passion → Hebrew for "anointed".
Polygamy → Marriage between more than two people at the same time.
adam → Latin for "let it be done". This was the Blessed Virgin Mary's response to God's plan of redemption; it was her consent to become the Mother of God.
inspired → guided by God; from a word meaning "breathed in." the human writers of scripture wrote in their own words but through God's inspiration wrote what he intended them to write and nothing more.