5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- original justice
- a greek for "going out"
- b from the greek for "ten words"; the ten commandments given by God through Moses
- c jacob's favorite among his twelve sons. his envious brothers sold him as a slave. but he rose to become prime minister of Egypt, where he was ultimately able to save his family from starvation
- d Greek for presence or arrival:The Second Coming of Christ at the end of time.
- e the supernatural and preternatural gifts enjoyed by our first parents before the fall; these include sanctifying grace and exemption from sin, suffering, death, and concupiscence.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the first man and our first father. together with eve, he committed the first sin(original sin). this hebrew name refers to the particular individual or to mankind in general
- land promised by God to Abraham and his descendants, the Israelites. This land stretched from the "river of Egypt to the great river, the River of Euphrates"/
- The pious practice of meditating upon Christ's Passion, Death, and Resurrection. This maybe done either by walking the Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem or passing from one image to the next depicting Christ's sufferings in a church
- incapable of error. the bible and the church are this because of a special protection by God the Holy Spirit
- the scientific theory that species came to be as they are by gradual process of change and development. valid theories on the orgin of life cannot contradict two facts: God created all matter, and the creation of human beings is a special act of divine creator
5 True/False questions
YHWH → the tetragrammaton, or four letters, of the divine name in Hebrew; the personal name of the God of Israel revealed to Moses on Mt. Sinai, meaning "I AM WHO AM". This is rendered Lord in most English translations of the Bible.
Marks of the Church → The pious practice of meditating upon Christ's Passion, Death, and Resurrection. This maybe done either by walking the Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem or passing from one image to the next depicting Christ's sufferings in a church
inerrant → making no mistakes or errors. scripture always teaches truth, never falsehood
chosen people → the jews; the people chosen by God to be his people and inherit the promises of Abraham. they are named after the tribe of judah, one of the sons of israel
Invincible Ignorance → the visit of the Arch-angle Gabriel to the Blessed Virgin Mary to inform her she would be the Mother of the Savior, commemorated on March 25