5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ministerial Priesthood
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- a Distinct from the common priesthood of the faithful, the ministerial priesthood consists of those men who have relieved the Sacrament of Holy Orders in order to minister to the needs of the faithful
- b empty; without form; the state of the world before God gave it form and created beings to fill it.
- c he brew for "father of a multitude"; a descendant of Shem and the founder-of the Hebrews nation. He was the first to receive a personal call from God, to which he responded with faith.
- d The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsels, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord
- e Reparation for an offense through a voluntary action that expiates the injustice done.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the second king of israel, a "man after God;s own heart." God made a new covenant with all the nations through David.
- a form of execution in which the prisoner is nailed or otherwise affixed to a cross and left to die of asphyxation
- The pious practice of meditating upon Christ's Passion, Death, and Resurrection. This maybe done either by walking the Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem or passing from one image to the next depicting Christ's sufferings in a church
- Adam and Eve's third son and eventual heir, His line carried on the true worship of God in contrast to the evil line of Cain
- The swelling of Satan and the other fallen angels, By their own choice, those in hell suffer eternal separation from God and the company of the blessed
5 True/False questions
Resurrection → The bodily rising of Christ from the dead, as he had foretold, on the third day after his Death on the Cross and burial in the tomb.
Purgatory → the worship or adoration due to God's alone paid to images "made with hands" or any created object.
Apostolic Succession → the bishops of the Church, through their ordination, from an uninterrupted, unbroken chain of succession, historically traceable to the Twelve Apostles.
Law of Love → Christ taught his followers to love God above all else and love their neighbors as themselves
Parable → the wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac