5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Becket
- a __________- the draft- all nations except Britain imposed this.
- b Archbishop of Canterbury who opposed trials for the clergy
- c The Industrial Revolution brought rapid __________.
- d At the Battle of ______ - British and French troops defeated Germany.
- e The discovery of ____ in Iran in the early 1900's heightened foreign interest in the region.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Bismark was a master of ______ when evaluating the needs of the state.
- Philosopher who taught that good conduct meant following a moderate course between extremes.
- Enlightenment thinkers who looked for natural laws to define a rational economic system
- What best explains why the Renaissance occurred in northern Europe later than in Italy?
- Why was the Battle of Tours significant?
5 True/False questions
colonized → European powers ______ almost the entire African continent.
sepoy → The British East India Company required Indian soldiers, called _____, in its service.
Germany → This country divided into many small states as a result of the Thirty Years' War
Mesopotamia → _______ - the great powers expanded their armies and navies, creating an arms race- this further increased suspicions and made war more likely.
penal → In 1788, Britain turned Austria into a _____ colony.