Upgrade to remove ads
Adolescence and the Life Cycle
Terms in this set (16)
the period between childhood and adulthood
the time when a person begins to develop certain traits of adults of his or her own gender (Typically between the ages of 12 and 18.)
chemical messengers that are produced in the glands and help regulate many body functions.
responsible for male changes
Estrogen and Progesterone
repsonsible for female changes
the traits related to a person's gender
Male physical changes during adolescence/Sex characteristics
Female physical changes during adolescence/Female Sex Characteristics
Body fat increase
Mutual Sex Characteristics
Body hair appears
All permanent teeth grow
Production of Gametes (Reproductive cells - sperm and ova)
Mental changes during adolescence
Your brain grows and develops during adolescence
the ability to reason and think out abstract solutions
Emotional changes in adolescence
- Roller coaster ride for most
- Bursts of energy and waves of strong emotions (Why?)
- Understand that every teen goes through it
- Support from family and friends and a sense of security
Social changes in adolescence
- A strong need to make friends and belong
- Develop social skills
- Trying new activities
- Start to see both enrichment and challenges in differences
- You don't have to change to be accepted!!! Find people that accept you for YOU!!!
Tasks of adolescence
1) Establish emotional and psychological independence - move back and forth.
2) Develop a personal sense of identity.
3) Adopt a personal value system.
4) Establish adult vocational goals.
5) Develope control over your behavior
the state at which the physical body and all its organs are fully developed
the state at which the mental and emotional capabilities of an individual are fully developed
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Health, Chapters 10 and 11
More Vocabulary for Final
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Chapter 18 Health - Adolescence
20-1 vocabulary and review questions
Pearson Health Chapter 20 - Adolescence and Adulth…
glencoe health chapter 20
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Final Exam Study Guide
American Government - Exam 1
Chapter 1 Key Terms
ICC Final Exam Chapters 10 & 12 Study Guide
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Odyssy Vocab Books 14-19 Sentences
Progressive Movement test prep