5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The tragic murder of Kitty Genovese outside her New York Apartment stimulated social-psychological research on
- We are most likely to experience cognitive dissonance if we feel
- In a psychological experiment, the experimental factor that is manipulated by the investigator is called the _______ variable.
- At about 8 months, children become increasingly likely to react to newcomers with tears and distress. This best illustrates
- When exposed to a scent derived from me's sweat, gay and straight men responded differently in the area of the ________ that governs sexual arousal.
- a hypothalamus
- b altruism
- c independent
- d a great sense of responsibility for engaging in behaviors of which we personally disapprove.
- e stranger anxiety.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the spillover effect.
- comply with a large request if one has previously complied with a small request.
- women's sexual interests are somewhat influenced by the phases of their menstrual cycles.
- random sampling.
5 True/False questions
Dogs strapped into a harness and given repeated and unavoidable shocks developed → learned helplessness.
Two counterconditioning techniques for replacing unwanted responses include → aversive conditioning and exposure therapy.
Ever since Lupe was scolded and punished by her teacher for misbehaving, she has been fearful of being near the teacher. This illustrates that fear → talk in ways consistent with what the model says and act in ways consistent with what the model does.
The placebo effect best illustrates the impact of ________ on feelings and behaviors. → two-factor theory.
The occipital lobes are to _______ as the temporal lobes are to _______. → expressive behaviors, physiological arousal, and conscious experience.