5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A statement describing how a researcher measures a research variable is known as a(n)
- When you question whether anecdotal evidence can be generalized to all people, you are applying
- In a psychological experiment, the experimental factor that is manipulated by the investigator is called the _______ variable.
- We find it harder to frown when viewing a smile than when viewing a frown. This can most clearly be attributed to
- By exposing different parts of emotion-laden faces, researchers found that we detect anger mostly from the ________ and happiness mostly from the _______.
- a independent
- b critical thinking.
- c operational definition.
- d eyes; mouth.
- e mirror neurons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- an external locus of control.
- recall the correct answer to each question before reading the alternative answers.
- were so endangered by their role-playing experience that the study was discontinued.
5 True/False questions
Therapists practice __________ by using positive reinforcers to reward closer and closer approximations of a desired behavior. → behavior modification
The James-Lange theory of emotion states that → release.
Gender refers to → the biological and social definition of male and female.
In Watson and Rayner's experiment, the loud noise was the _______ and the white rat was the ________. → unconditioned response.
In an experimental study of the effects of anxiety on self-esteem, anxiety would be the _________ variable. → independent