5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- personal benefits
- othello error
- referent power
- expert power
- a knowing that someone suspects you of lying increases arousal.
arousal cues may be mistaken for deception cues.
- b based on source credibility
- c self benefit vs other benefit
- d based on admiration respect regard
- e based on perceived knowledge, expertise
5 Multiple choice questions
- based on the ability to confer benefits
- likelihood of anticipated resistance
- smaller requests, the appearance of the reason giving is sufficient, for larger request, actual reason are more effective.
- based on official rank, formal standing
- the recommended action is pereived as both effective and feasible to avoid danger :
response efficacy- it will work
self efficacy-i can do this
5 True/False questions
iconicity → an image stands for the thing is represents, uncle sam is an icon for america
strategic behaviors → unintentional leakage. arousal and nervousness, negative affect, incompetent communication performance
five types of power → based on perceived knowledge, expertise
thinking → lying requires more mental effort.
attempted control → liars try to control signs of arousal
example: liars know the face has high sending capacity
liars concentrate on controlling facial cue leakage.