5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the probing effect
- danger control
- copier study
- a the receiver focuses on ways of reducing the danger
- b based on logic and reasoning
- c smaller requests, the appearance of the reason giving is sufficient, for larger request, actual reason are more effective.
- d invocations of rights, obligations
- e probing a suspect makes it harder to detect deception, acting suspicious alerts liars and makes them even more vigilant.
observers or 3rd parties are more likely to believe the liar.
5 Multiple choice questions
- liars try to control signs of arousal
example: liars know the face has high sending capacity
liars concentrate on controlling facial cue leakage.
- arousal, attempted control, emotion, thinking
- five types of compliance gaining strategies:
activation of impersonal commitments
activation of personal commitments
- the nature of the relationship
- reward, coercive, expert, legitimate, referent
5 True/False questions
the extended parallel process → fear control, it focuses on the problem
severity of threat, perceived vulnerability
danger control focuses on the solution
self efficacy and response efficacy
ethos → based on emotion
dominance → likelihood of anticipated resistance
cue leakage → power and status
reward power → based on the ability to confer benefits