5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cell Division
- Stem Cells
- a A disorder in which body cells lose the ability to control growth.
- b The unspecialized cells from which differentiated cells develop.
- c When cells can develop into not all, but most of the body's cell types.
- d The complex of chromosome and protein.
- e The process by which a cell divides into two new daughter cells.
5 Multiple choice questions
- They stimulate the growth and division of cells.
- A mass of cells.
- Each DNA strand in the duplicated chromosome.
- The chromatin condenses into chromosomes. The centrioles separate, and a spindle begins to form. The nuclear envelope breaks down.
- The first stage of cell division, when the the nucleus of the cell divides.
5 True/False questions
Cell Cycle → The unspecialized cells from which differentiated cells develop.
Embryo → A developmental stage for living organisms.
Metaphase → The second, shortest stage of mitosis where the chromosomes line up across the center of the cell. Each chromosome connected to spindle fibers at its centromere.
Cytokinesis → The second stage of cell division, when the cytoplasm divides.
Interphase → The cell grows and replicates DNA and centrioles.