5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dermal Tissue
- dermal, meristamatic, vascular, ground
- Capillary action
- a What are the types of tissues?
- b water escapes through stomata; as water exits, more is drawn up through stem from roots
- c exterior openings on underside of leaf; site of gas exchange.
- d the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
- e water moves by cohesion from roots, 1 way.
5 Multiple choice questions
- tissue that does everything that the vascular, dermal and meristematic dont do.
- transports sugar and macromolecules that leave to other parts.
- A specialized short, wide cell in angiosperms; arranged end to end, they form continuous tubes for water transport.
- Absorbs water and minerals from the ground. Anchors plant in ground.
- In the central vascular cylinder, because thewater moves into the xylem; because it cannot go backward, the only place it can go is ___________; this is called___________.
5 True/False questions
Meristematic tissue → cells that have not yet become specialized for specific functions, such as transport., source of new growth, at edges of plant tips of roots.
stem → transports water.
Primary Growth; bud → type of plant growth that occurs at the tips of roots and shoots plants grow taller and deeper from tips, apical meristems=____
Secondary Growth → vascular of cork cambium.
carbon dioxide → in