5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fibrous roots
- wax; lipid
- dermal, meristamatic, vascular, ground
- a The dermal tissue has ______ covering that is made from ______to prevent water loss.
- b A relatively unspecialized plant cell type that carries most of the metabolism, synthesizes and stores organic products, and develops into a more differentiated cell type
- c What are the types of tissues?
- d part of a root system in which roots branch to such an extent that no single root grows larger than the rest
- e flowering plants that produce seeds in fruit.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
- out (#3)
- spongy cortex; ____ encloses vascular tissue; cells are surrounded by ____________
- tissue that does everything that the vascular, dermal and meristematic dont do.
5 True/False questions
vessel elements → found in phloem; stacked end to end; have holes so materials can get in and out of the phloem
water loss → Stomata open and close to prevent excessive ___________.
stem → support; holds plant up to the sunlight; transports substance b/w roots and leaves.
sieve tube elements → A specialized short, wide cell in angiosperms; arranged end to end, they form continuous tubes for water transport.
Meristematic tissue → the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.