5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- root, stems, leaves
- sieve tube elements
- a found in phloem; stacked end to end; have holes so materials can get in and out of the phloem
- b site of photosyntheis
- c What are the organs of plant?
- d Absorbs water and minerals from the ground. Anchors plant in ground.
- e long tubular cell peculiar to xylem
5 Multiple choice questions
- the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
- exterior openings on underside of leaf; site of gas exchange.
- The outer epidermal layer contains______________in their cell membranes to pump mineral into plant.
- transports sugar and macromolecules that leave to other parts.
5 True/False questions
vascular tissue → Plant tissue consisting of cells joined into tubes that transport water and nutrients throughout the plant body. the bloodstream.
Casparian Strips → waterproof barriers that force water through cells not around; keep flow one way (b/c osmosis is always high to low).
fibrous roots → part of a root system in which roots branch to such an extent that no single root grows larger than the rest
in phloem; in two directions → In the central vascular cylinder, because thewater moves into the xylem; because it cannot go backward, the only place it can go is ___________; this is called___________.
cell types → epidermal, racheids, vessel elements, sieve tube elements, companion cells, parenchyma, collenchyma, sclerenchyma.