5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- epidermal cells
- sieve tube elements
- Secondary Growth
- a vascular of cork cambium.
- b A relatively unspecialized plant cell type that carries most of the metabolism, synthesizes and stores organic products, and develops into a more differentiated cell type
- c a single layer of dermal tissue with covers the outside of a plant.
- d found in phloem; stacked end to end; have holes so materials can get in and out of the phloem
- e out
5 Multiple choice questions
- epidermal, racheids, vessel elements, sieve tube elements, companion cells, parenchyma, collenchyma, sclerenchyma.
- The outer epidermal layer contains______________in their cell membranes to pump mineral into plant.
- Plant tissue consisting of cells joined into tubes that transport water and nutrients throughout the plant body. the bloodstream.
- tissue consists of cells with highly thickened walls that are dead at maturity. It is generally found in the vasucular bundles of stems and as schlerids, individual bunches of cells that give pears and apple cores their gritty texture
- support; holds plant up to the sunlight; transports substance b/w roots and leaves.
5 True/False questions
tracheids → primary root found in some plants that grows longer and thicker than other roots. ex: carrots
transpiration → water escapes through stomata; as water exits, more is drawn up through stem from roots
carbon dioxide → in
water loss → Stomata open and close to prevent excessive ___________.
Meristematic tissue → the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.