5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fibrous roots
- Casparian Strips
- Capillary action
- epidermal cells
- a waterproof barriers that force water through cells not around; keep flow one way (b/c osmosis is always high to low).
- b a single layer of dermal tissue with covers the outside of a plant.
- c water moves by cohesion from roots, 1 way.
- d tissue consists of cells with highly thickened walls that are dead at maturity. It is generally found in the vasucular bundles of stems and as schlerids, individual bunches of cells that give pears and apple cores their gritty texture
- e part of a root system in which roots branch to such an extent that no single root grows larger than the rest
5 Multiple choice questions
- out (#3)
- flowering plants that produce seeds in fruit.
- The outer epidermal layer contains______________in their cell membranes to pump mineral into plant.
- type of plant growth that occurs at the tips of roots and shoots plants grow taller and deeper from tips, apical meristems=____
- Absorbs water and minerals from the ground. Anchors plant in ground.
5 True/False questions
xylem → transports sugar and macromolecules that leave to other parts.
water loss → Stomata open and close to prevent excessive ___________.
stomata → exterior openings on underside of leaf; site of gas exchange.
mesophyll → exterior openings on underside of leaf; site of gas exchange.
Secondary Growth → type of plant growth that occurs at the tips of roots and shoots plants grow taller and deeper from tips, apical meristems=____