5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- carbon dioxide
- vessel elements
- Secondary Growth
- Casparian Strips
- a in
- b waterproof barriers that force water through cells not around; keep flow one way (b/c osmosis is always high to low).
- c vascular of cork cambium.
- d exterior openings on underside of leaf; site of gas exchange.
- e A specialized short, wide cell in angiosperms; arranged end to end, they form continuous tubes for water transport.
5 Multiple choice questions
- specialized ground tissue; lots of chloroplasts; where photosynthesis occurs; veins of xylem and phloem branch.
- the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
- out (#3)
- water moves by cohesion from roots, 1 way.
- long tubular cell peculiar to xylem
5 True/False questions
wax; lipid → out (#3)
angiosperms → flowering plants that produce seeds in fruit.
phloem → transports sugar and macromolecules that leave to other parts.
Meristematic tissue → cells that have not yet become specialized for specific functions, such as transport., source of new growth, at edges of plant tips of roots.
oxygen → out