5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dermal Tissue
- Meristematic tissue
- ground tissue
- a site of photosyntheis
- b the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
- c tissue that does everything that the vascular, dermal and meristematic dont do.
- d transports water.
- e cells that have not yet become specialized for specific functions, such as transport., source of new growth, at edges of plant tips of roots.
5 Multiple choice questions
- support; holds plant up to the sunlight; transports substance b/w roots and leaves.
- What are the types of tissues?
- A relatively unspecialized plant cell type that carries most of the metabolism, synthesizes and stores organic products, and develops into a more differentiated cell type
- A specialized short, wide cell in angiosperms; arranged end to end, they form continuous tubes for water transport.
5 True/False questions
phloem → transports sugar and macromolecules that leave to other parts.
wax; lipid → The dermal tissue has ______ covering that is made from ______to prevent water loss.
water loss → out (#3)
Casparian Strips → Plant tissue consisting of cells joined into tubes that transport water and nutrients throughout the plant body. the bloodstream.
carbon dioxide → The dermal tissue has ______ covering that is made from ______to prevent water loss.