5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Capillary action
- active transport proteins
- a The outer epidermal layer contains______________in their cell membranes to pump mineral into plant.
- b water moves by cohesion from roots, 1 way.
- c covered by cuticle; reduces evaporation
- d water escapes through stomata; as water exits, more is drawn up through stem from roots
- e site of photosyntheis
5 Multiple choice questions
- the outer covering of the plant, the skin. protects the plant.
- vascular of cork cambium.
- cells that have not yet become specialized for specific functions, such as transport., source of new growth, at edges of plant tips of roots.
- flowering plants that produce seeds in fruit.
- a single layer of dermal tissue with covers the outside of a plant.
5 True/False questions
large layer ground tissue; endodermis; Casparian Strips → spongy cortex; ____ encloses vascular tissue; cells are surrounded by ____________
roots → primary root found in some plants that grows longer and thicker than other roots. ex: carrots
wax; lipid → out (#3)
oxygen → out
Casparian Strips → Plant tissue consisting of cells joined into tubes that transport water and nutrients throughout the plant body. the bloodstream.