5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William Sherman
- Horatio Alger, Jr.
- Andrew Carnegie
- Nat Turner
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- a wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin
- b blak preacher who led a slave rebellion in Virginia, he was hung
- c Union general, burned out Atlanta on his destructive march to the sea
- d steel business, made millions through vertical consolidation, philanthropist, gave away $350 million
- e Magazine Writer, American dream of "rags to riches"
5 Multiple choice questions
- writer, become and activist to improve treatment of Native Americans by US government, "A Century of Dishonor"
- on of the early English settlers, first to cultivate tobacco, married Pocahontas
- first women's right convention
- escaped slave, tried to emancipate women and slaves by speaking to whites
- battle in Maryland, bloodiest battle
5 True/False questions
Harriet Tubman → Moses of her people, 'Conductor' of the Underground Railroad
George Washington → first president of the US, general of continental army, President of Constitutional Congress
Henry David Thoreau → transcendentalist author that wrote "Civil Disobedience" in jail because he did not pay his taxes
Townshend Acts → tax on all printed goods or items that had a stamp on it, ordered by British Parliament
John Adams → 2nd president, federalist, dealt with tensions with France, fought for Declaration of Independence during the 2nd Continental Congress