5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the 3 main heartworm preventatives?
- What do we do with cats that have heartworm?
- Which trematode drug is very effective against immature AND adult flukes?
- What benzimidazole drug should be avoided with liver dz?
- Which heartworm treatment is safer and more effective?
- a immiticide.
- b heartguard, interceptor, filaribits.
- c curatrem.
- d given steroids and preventatives and wait for worms to die naturally.
- e mebendazole.
5 Multiple choice questions
- difil and knotts.
- atropine, 2-PAM, wash off if topical.
- trichloriform (telmin B).
- right side.
5 True/False questions
What three pyrantel pamoate drugs are given to dogs? → nemex, strongid-T, imathol.
OTC cestode products get what part(s) of the worm? → only body.
What are the two treatments for heartworm? → caparsolate, immiticide.
What heartworm preventative is given daily? → immature adults and females.
What pyrantel pamoate drug given to horses? → nemex, strongid-T, imathol.