5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How does strongid-C work?
- What benzimidazole drug is used extra-label for Giardia?
- What do we do with cats that have heartworm?
- What pyrantel pamoate drug given to horses?
- What stage of heartworm is injected into the dog from the mosquito?
- a if given daily will kill ingested larvae, but will NOT kill adults.
- b strongid-C.
- c fenbendazole given for 5 days.
- d L-3.
- e given steroids and preventatives and wait for worms to die naturally.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 2-3 weeks. only gets adults.
- nemex, strongid-T, imathol.
- 14 days in cattle, 30 in goats.
- L-3, L-4.
5 True/False questions
What heartworm preventative is given daily? → filaribits.
What are the two treatments for heartworm? → caparsolate, immiticide.
What are signs of avermectin toxicity? → ivermectin.
What happens after the first heartworm treatment? → after 4 weeks give microfilaricide to kill L-1, 3, 4, 5's.
What broad spectrum benzimidazole should not be given for the first 45 days of pregnancy? → mebendazole.