5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What heartworm preventative is given daily?
- What side of the heart do heartworms live in?
- What stage of heartworm is injected into the dog from the mosquito?
- What GI anthelmintic is sensitive to herding breeds?
- Why does pyrantel pamoate need to be shaken before given?
- a avermectin.
- b filaribits.
- c L-3.
- d it is a suspension.
- e right side.
5 Multiple choice questions
- given steroids and preventatives and wait for worms to die naturally.
- fenbendazole given for 5 days.
- immature adults and females.
5 True/False questions
What organophosphate drug is good for bots in horses? → coumaphos (baymix).
How many weeks after microfilaricide is retesting done? → 3 weeks.
Prescription cestode products get what part(s) of the worm? → head (scolex) and body (proglottids).
What drug should not be used with organophosphates due to synergism? → pyrantel pamoate.
Which heartworm treatment is safer and more effective? → immiticide.