5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What organophosphate drug is good for bots in horses?
- How does strongid-C work?
- Which heartworms are hardest to kill?
- What are the two treatments for heartworm?
- Why does pyrantel pamoate need to be shaken before given?
- a it is a suspension.
- b caparsolate, immiticide.
- c immature adults and females.
- d if given daily will kill ingested larvae, but will NOT kill adults.
- e trichloriform (telmin B).
5 Multiple choice questions
- L-3, L-4.
- 3 weeks.
- 14 days in cattle, 30 in goats.
5 True/False questions
What OTC GI anthelmintic can be irritating to the mouth? → vermiplex.
What broad spectrum benzimidazole should not be given for the first 45 days of pregnancy? → albendazole.
What pyrantel pamoate drug given to horses? → strongid-C.
What is the treatment for an organophosphate overdose? → atropine, 2-PAM, wash off if topical.
Which heartworm treatment is safer and more effective? → immature adults and females.