5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What organophosphate drug has no milk withholding period?
- Which heartworms are hardest to kill?
- What happens after the first heartworm treatment?
- When does piperazine need to be repeated and why?
- What two tests are used to look for microfilaria?
- a after 4 weeks give microfilaricide to kill L-1, 3, 4, 5's.
- b immature adults and females.
- c 2-3 weeks. only gets adults.
- d coumaphos (baymix).
- e difil and knotts.
5 Multiple choice questions
- caparsolate, immiticide.
- fenbendazole given for 5 days.
- 14 days in cattle, 30 in goats.
5 True/False questions
How does strongid-C work? → if given daily will kill ingested larvae, but will NOT kill adults.
What pyrantel pamoate drug given to horses? → nemex, strongid-T, imathol.
What OTC GI anthelmintic can be irritating to the mouth? → avermectin.
What drug should not be used with organophosphates due to synergism? → pyrantel pamoate.
Which heartworm treatment is safer and more effective? → immiticide.