Terms in this set (8)
1. What is the difference between climate and weather?
a. Climate is what we expect and weather is what we get. Climate is average weather over thirty years.
2. How does the rise of civilization related to the climate of the Holocene?
a. Increased CO2
b. Civilization was thriving more when climate was more stable.
3. What was the mid-Holocene Climate Optimum?
a. It was a period of time when it got really warm because there was more sun spots and not a lot of volcanic activity (which makes it warmer due to less clouds). There were more plants which made the planetary albedo lower. They sequester carbon. There was forest in the Sahara.
b. We were closer to the sun because of eccentricity.
4. What happened in the Sahara Desert during this time, and how does it relate to the movie/book "The English Patient"?
a. There was a forest in the Sahara.
What appears to have been the reason for this climate?
a. More sun spots and less volcanoes.
6. What is the Medieval Climate Anomaly, and why was it commonly called the Medieval Warm Period? (Was it global or regional?)
a. 682 - 1150 AD. Vikings were really tall because they had a lot of food to eat. There were colonies in Greenland.
7. What happened in Europe during the Little Ice Age?
a. 1580 - 1850, the canals in Holland froze. There were glaciers in Switzerland. People got short and their crops were failing. There were four big volcanic eruptions. 1 in Mt. St. Helens, 2 in Iceland and 1 in Indonesia.
8. Was the Little Ice Age global in extent or was it a very regional phenomenon?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
De Blij Why Geography Matters Chapter 5
Geography Quiz Number 1 Chapter 3/4.1,4.2
GEOG 1301 Ch. 8
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Español Vocabulary 1
Modern Climate Change/Global Warming (keep working on this)