5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How well does Reason do his job?
- What belies what in this poem? (Sonnet 130)
- What was the world-wide era called during the Anglo-Saxon period?
- Swords could not scratch his sin-stained skin
- What is Grendel's ancestry?
- a the woman belies false comparisons
- b Dark Ages
- c descendant of Cain
- d Reason is a deputy, doesn't do his job well
- e Alliteration
5 Multiple choice questions
- batter it
- a struggle with a past master
- Historical: Arturius, Celtic general who fought against Anglo-Saxons.
Legendary: King Arthur, English king
- Orual's love is more of a consuming love that is wrapped up in herself
5 True/False questions
What is the significance of the pentangle? (Sir Gawain) → Five points represent unity, they are woven together; they stand or fall together
How did the Roman alphabet come into English? → brought by St. Augustine in 597
What sin do the rioters keep committing? (the pardoner's tale) → greed and betrayal
What did Anglo-Saxons think about the length of their lives? → Fate
What does Sonnet 116 imply about past relationships? → Love does not change