5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was unusual about The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle?
- What are the dates of the Angle-Saxon Period?
- How does Sir Gawain respond to his recognition?
- Names the four loves in Greek
- What is the date of St. Augustine's arrival?
- a Sir Gawain feels terrible, but the Green Knight is forgiving and humble, therefore Sir Gawain isn't afraid to hide his belt
- b Written in English
- c 449-1066
- d 597
- e Storge (Motherly Love), Phileo (Brotherly Love/Friendship), Eros (Romantic Love), Agape (Sacrificial Love)
5 Multiple choice questions
- stories have a sense of inevitability
- He has no hamartia (flaw)
- a poet, historian, courtier, soldier, explorer, spy
- 1. Literature (a copy of a copy) leads us further from the time; assumed that author tries to represent this world in his writing.
2. Poetry appeals to our irrational side; we shouldn't encourage our irrational side which is emotional and untrustworthy
3. Poetry is the result of a mad possession by one god or another, and it's contagious.
- She does not love him anymore, but wishes they were still together
5 True/False questions
What is the date of the Anglo-Saxon Invasion? → 449-1066
How is the audience led to feel about Jessica's character? → 700
In medias res → in the middle (of conflict)
Probability → stories follow laws of probability
Clarification → the work in relation to the reader