5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What hints tell us about Grendel's form?
- What quotations show a sympathy with Shylock?
- Judge Psyche's betrayal according to the four loves chart
- What does Sonnet 116 imply about past relationships?
- Carpe Diem
- a "You call me disbeliever, cutthroat dog, and spit upon my Jewish garbadin."
"Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions..."
- b Psyche showed agape (sacrificial love) towards Orual in betraying Orual because she sacrifices her love for ORual to her god. Psyche says that if she loves her god, she will love Orual more.
- c descendent of Cain, big arm span, has hands, "sliding", gleaming eyes, massive jaws, big mouth, talons
- d Love does not change
- e sieze the day (theme of cavaliers)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Christopher Marlowe
- a poem that idealizes rustic, country life
- they are unable to make a prison
5 True/False questions
Anxiety of Influence → a struggle with a past master
What makes a good thesis statement? → 1660
How does Sir Gawain respond to his recognition? → it reeks
What did Anglo-Saxons want to find, hoard, give, bury, etc.? → Treasure
what statement shows Satan's idea about reality? → Mind is its own place, can make a Heaven of Hell and a Hell of Heaven