1. Possible that LH peak induces Progesterone synthesis as part of ovulation process, may have following effects:
2. Cyclooxygenase activity in granulosa cells surrounding the oocyte is stimulated by rising LH levels (progesterone) resulting in local prostaglandin production.
3. Induction proteolytic enzymes, possibly by prostaglandins; Matrix metalloproteinases, plasminogen activator system.
4. Digestion collagen framework, basement membrane around follicle.
5. Prostaglandins may cause contraction capsule of ovary, forcing ooctye out.