5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The process of moving an active file to inactive status is called:
- The medical record should be released only with a:
(verbal order from the physician, written order from the physician, verbal order from the office manager, or written release from the patient)
- Which of the following are common types of filing equipment found in a medical office?
(rotary circular files, lateral files, automated files, or all of the above)
- What is the most important reason for telling the physician when a charting error is discovered later?
(to protect the patient's health and well-being, to protect the MA's job, to keep the patient from discovering the error, or to make sure the MA is not accused of making the error)
- Files for patients who have died, moved away, or otherwise terminated their relationship with the physician are called _____________ files.
- a all of the above
- b written release from the patient
- c purging
- d closed
- e to protect the patient's health and well-being
5 Multiple choice questions
- physician or provider
- Releasing records
- HIPAA does not recommend a number of years
- all of the above are advantages
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is not an advantage of a numeric filing system?
(it allows periodic expansion without shifting folders, it saves time in record retrieval and refiling, it provides additional confidentiality to the chart, or filing activity is greatest when the system is initiated) → filing activity is greatest when the system is initiated
Releasing a record, with regard to filing it, means:
(deciding where to file a particular item, removing pins and paper clips, placing a mark indicating that the item is ready for filing, or arranging papers in filing sequence) → written release from the patient
Who ultimately decides whether a medical record can be released?
(the MA, the office manager, the patient, or the physician) → the patient
A filing system in which an intermediary source of reference, such as a file card, must be consulted to locate specific files is called a(n) _____________ system. → indirect filing
Continuity of care means:
(granted or endowed with a particular authority; medical attention that continues smoothly from one provider to another so that the patient receives the most benefit; a formal examination of an organization's or individual's accounts; or an aggregate of activities designed to ensure adequate quality, especially in manufactured products or in the service industries) → medical attention that continues smoothly from one provider to another so that the patient receives the most benefit