5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The process of moving an active file to inactive status is called:
- Which of the following is not an advantage of color-coded filing systems?
(patient charts can be found quickly, patient charts can be refiled quickly, it is easy to tell when a file has been placed, or all of the above are advantages)
- A filing system in which an intermediary source of reference, such as a file card, must be consulted to locate specific files is called a(n) _____________ system.
- The medical record should be released only with a:
(verbal order from the physician, written order from the physician, verbal order from the office manager, or written release from the patient)
- Which of the following names should be filed first?
(Wm. Jones or William Jones)
- a written release from the patient
- b all of the above are advantages
- c purging
- d William Jones
- e indirect filing
5 Multiple choice questions
- medical attention that continues smoothly from one provider to another so that the patient receives the most benefit
- HIPAA does not recommend a number of years
- placing a mark indicating that the item is ready for filing
- the one most preferred by the staff
- A. Martin
5 True/False questions
Who ultimately decides whether a medical record can be released?
(the MA, the office manager, the patient, or the physician) → the patient
An item used to provide space for the temporary filing of materials is called a(n): → OUTfolder
Which of the following is not an advantage of a numeric filing system?
(it allows periodic expansion without shifting folders, it saves time in record retrieval and refiling, it provides additional confidentiality to the chart, or filing activity is greatest when the system is initiated) → filing activity is greatest when the system is initiated
Numeric filing is a direct filing system. (T or F) → false
Which of the following is not objective information?
(progress notes, diagnosis, family history, or physical examination and findings) → William Jones