5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Which of the following names should be filed first?
(A. Martin or Amy Martin)
- HIPAA recommends that physicians keep the records on patients for at least:
(1 year, 2 years, 3 years, or HIPAA does not recommend a number of years)
- Releasing a record, with regard to filing it, means:
(deciding where to file a particular item, removing pins and paper clips, placing a mark indicating that the item is ready for filing, or arranging papers in filing sequence)
- Which of the following are common types of filing equipment found in a medical office?
(rotary circular files, lateral files, automated files, or all of the above)
- a all of the above
- b A. Martin
- c HIPAA does not recommend a number of years
- d placing a mark indicating that the item is ready for filing
5 Multiple choice questions
- to protect the patient's health and well-being
- Releasing records
5 True/False questions
Conditioning papers involves including a mark that indicates the papers are ready for filing.
(T or F) → Releasing records
The medical record should be released only with a:
(verbal order from the physician, written order from the physician, verbal order from the office manager, or written release from the patient) → written release from the patient
An item used to provide space for the temporary filing of materials is called a(n): → purging
Which of the following names should be filed first?
(Wm. Jones or William Jones) → William Jones
The physical medical record belongs to the:
(patient, physician or provider, insurance company, or all of the above) → physician or provider