5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following names should be filed first?
(A. Martin or Amy Martin)
- Which of the following is not objective information?
(progress notes, diagnosis, family history, or physical examination and findings)
- Releasing a record, with regard to filing it, means:
(deciding where to file a particular item, removing pins and paper clips, placing a mark indicating that the item is ready for filing, or arranging papers in filing sequence)
- ___________ includes adding a mark that indicates the documents are ready to be filed.
- The method of filing in which one report is laid on top of the older report, resembling a roof, is called:
- a A. Martin
- b placing a mark indicating that the item is ready for filing
- c family history
- d Releasing records
- e shingling
5 Multiple choice questions
- medical attention that continues smoothly from one provider to another so that the patient receives the most benefit
- indirect filing
- the patient
- William Jones
5 True/False questions
The process of moving an active file to inactive status is called: → false
An item used to provide space for the temporary filing of materials is called a(n): → OUTfolder
Which of the following are common types of filing equipment found in a medical office?
(rotary circular files, lateral files, automated files, or all of the above) → all of the above
Which of the following is not an advantage of color-coded filing systems?
(patient charts can be found quickly, patient charts can be refiled quickly, it is easy to tell when a file has been placed, or all of the above are advantages) → all of the above are advantages
Which of the following is not an advantage of a numeric filing system?
(it allows periodic expansion without shifting folders, it saves time in record retrieval and refiling, it provides additional confidentiality to the chart, or filing activity is greatest when the system is initiated) → all of the above are advantages