5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of 3 listener qualities is easiest to change?
- Persuaded into two ways
- How do you change beliefs?
- of the 3 listener qualities which is most stable?
- Similarities in speaking public vs. conversation
- a attitudes
- b organize thoughts logically, tailor message to audience, tell story for max impact
- c directly- logical proof, indirectly- infers general impression of what you are hearing
- d with a great deal of evidence
- e values
5 Multiple choice questions
- get listeners attention, need to listen to you, satisfaction step, visualization step, action step
- ethos- credibility logos- logic pathos- emotional
- master art of speaking persuasively
- fact value and policy claim
- chronological, spatial, topical, casual, problem- solution
5 True/False questions
4 ethical considerations for persuasive speech → influence audience, utilize strategy, advocate fact value or policy
Five cautions regarding conclusion → chronological, spatial, topical, casual, problem- solution
Maslow Heirachy of Needs → fact value and policy claim
Conclusion → 5 to 10% of speech. signal end of speech and summarize speech
3 tips will enhance your credibility as persuasive → change or reinforce attitudes beliefs and values