5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William "Big Bill" Haywood
- Credit Mobilier
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Edwin L. Drake
- Christopher Sholes
- a 1st person to use the steam engine to drill for oil
- b founded the IWW
- c A construction company formed by the Union Pacific RR that charged more then necessary for RR construction and gave the extra back into the Union Pacific company.
- d invented the telephone
- e invented the typewriter
5 Multiple choice questions
- Allowed for cities to begin producing one thing (example I used in class: Forest City has Winnebago and it produces mobile homes)
- Japan's government agreed to limit immigrants of unskilled workers to the US in exchange for the repeal of the segregation order that was taking place on the west coast
- Henry Bessemer used this process to remove carbon from iron-ore. This made the steel more rust resistant and lighter
- Inspection station for immigrants arriving on the West Coast - San Francisco Bay
- a socialist union called the Industrial Workers of the World
5 True/False questions
Granger Laws → Laws that the grange were trying to get passed. They wanted "to establish maximum freight and passenger rates and prohibit discrimination."
Brooklyn Bridge → One of the oldest steel wire suspension bridge
Grover Cleveland → Tried to lower tariff rates but congress wouldn't allow it (only president to swerve two non-consecutive terms)
Robber Baron → Laws that the grange were trying to get passed. They wanted "to establish maximum freight and passenger rates and prohibit discrimination."
McKinley Tariff Act of 1890 → raised tariffs to their highest level