5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William "Big Bill" Haywood
- Interstate Commerce Act
- Ellis Island
- On the Origin of Species
- Munn v. Illinois
- a The Supreme Court upheld the Granger Laws. The states won the right to regulate the RRs for the benefit of farmers and consumers.
- b This act reestablished the right of the federal government to supervise RR activities and established a five-member Interstate Commerce Commission
- c Book by Darwin where he talks about how species flourish and pass their traits along to the next generation, while others do no.
- d founded the IWW
- e an island in New York Harbor that was formerly the principal immigration station for the United States
5 Multiple choice questions
- Garfield's VP who became president after assassination
- raised tariffs to their highest level
- United Mine Workers started by Mary Harris Jones
- assimilate people of wide-ranging cultures into the dominant culture
- The joining of the Central Pacific and the Union Pacific in Promontory, Utah on May 10, 1869
5 True/False questions
Social Darwinism → a union that formed by workers of a "craft" (Like in Winnebago - not the WHOLE company but just the cabinet workers)
The Grange → immigrants hitched a ride in this area of the cargo ships while crossing the Atlantic and Pacific
Immigration Restriction League → A group who wanted to restrict immigration into the U.S. to certain groups they deemed desirable. Because of them congress passed a bill in 1897 requiring a literacy test for immigrants.
Alexander Graham Bell → invented the telephone
Merger → when one corporation buys out the stock of another