5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sherman Antitrust Act
- Bird of Passage
- Robber Baron
- Industrial Unionism
- a immigrants hitched a ride in this area of the cargo ships while crossing the Atlantic and Pacific
- b One of the American industrialists of the late 19th century who became wealthy by unethical means
- c made it illegal to form a trust that interfered with free trade between states or with other countries.
- d immigrate temporarily to earn money and then return home
- e A union formed by workers in the whole company - from the janitor all the way up to an engineer.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the illegal use of political influence for personal gain
- giving of government jobs to people who helped government officials get elected - also called the "spoils system"
- a socialist union called the Industrial Workers of the World
- Laws that the grange were trying to get passed. They wanted "to establish maximum freight and passenger rates and prohibit discrimination."
- RR where the Great Strike of 1877 took place
5 True/False questions
Social Gospel Movement → Grew out of Charles Darwin's theory of biological evolution.
Henry Clay Frick → Carnegie Steel president who cut wages - leading to The Homestead Strike
Chester A. Arthur → One of the American industrialists of the late 19th century who became wealthy by unethical means
Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 → banned entry to all Chinese except students, teachers, merchants, tourists, and government officials for 10 years.
On the Origin of Species → Book by Darwin where he talks about how species flourish and pass their traits along to the next generation, while others do no.